RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Do you want to read a foreign language website in your mother tongue? Google Translate can help you with this. And it’s not just about individual websites either. You can browse an entire website in the language of your choice and even switch languages while browsing.
How to translate a website with Google
Google Translate is one of the simplest and most direct ways to translate a website for free. There are two ways to use Google Translate to translate websites :
There are several ways to translate a website with Google Translate. Most of them can be done with little time and effort.
We have the Google Translate web tool, an online navigation tool that allows you to translate words, phrases, expressions and entire web pages. There is also the Google Translate extension, which offers translation options similar to those of the web tool, but with a little more convenience. The extension is currently only available for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Brave.
There are also Google’s input tools. This is not a real translator, but a way to communicate in another written language, with alternative characters and everything. It’s interesting enough that you can use it on its own, but it can also be relevant to your language search on Google.
Finally, we have the WordPress plugin for Google Website Translator. This is more for people who have their own website that needs to be automatically translated into the native language of the readers.
- First of all, you can translate an entire website by entering the web address in the left field.
- Select the language in which you want to translate it from the drop-down menu on the right.
- The translated website appears. You can browse the entire website in that language by clicking on the website links – provided you are in the Google Translate interface. The Translate toolbar at the top allows you to do a few other things:
- Use the To drop-down menu to change the translation language as you work.
- Next to View, you can toggle between the translated site and the site in the original language.
You may wonder why some words and phrases are not translated. Google Translate only translates the actual text on a page. Any text that appears in an image is not translated.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.