RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
We will discuss how to participate in an instant meeting using an email invitation, instant messaging invitation, browser, Zoom desktop and mobile application, landline or mobile phone and H.323 or SIP device.
Before attending a Zoom meeting on a computer or mobile device, you can download the Zoom application from the Zoom website’s download center. Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a link to register.
You can also attend a trial meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom.
There are 4 ways to participate in a Zoom meeting:
- Using the Zoom application on your desktop
- Through a link in your email invitation
- On the Zoom website
- Or by phone
How to Join in a Zoom Meeting?
To join a Zoom meeting, the host must first create a meeting and provide the URL or meeting ID. You do not need to be logged in to join a zoom meeting. You only need the URL or meeting ID.
After the host starts the meeting, participants can join the meeting, unless the host has enabled the option to allow participants to join the meeting before the host arrives.
As we note below, you can also sign up for Zoom with your contact information, and then your fellow Zoom users can use this contact information to “call” you without an invitation URL.
From the Zoom application
- Open the Zoom application on your desktop, Start button, Zoom folder, start Zoom
- Click on Login
- Select “Connection with SSO” from the menu on the right.
- Enter your USQ username and password when prompted.
- Click on “Join
- Enter the meeting ID (which will appear in the email invitation).
- You can then choose to enter the meeting with audio or video on or off.
Join a Zoom meeting from the Invite Meeting link on your desktop
- Click the meeting invitation URL that the host shared by email or text.
- Open the zoom application.
- Approve the request for permission to use your computer’s audio and camera.
- Depending on how the meeting is configured, you can enter the meeting immediately, you may have to wait for the host to arrive first, or you can be taken to a waiting room controlled by the host.
Use the Zoom website
If you are attending a meeting with another company, that company must have a company URL registered with Zoom. This is usually .zoom.us, but ask the host to be sure.
- Once you have the company URL, access the company in the browser of your choice. The home page looks different from company to company, but the options available are generally the same.
- Select the “Join” button.
- You will now be prompted to enter the Meeting ID or the name of the personal link you should have received from the meeting host. Do this and then select “Join”.
- You have now joined the meeting.
Use the Zoom link in the email
- If a host sends you an invitation, you will receive this invitation by e-mail. The first link in the message is the “Join Zoom Meeting” link. Click on this link.
- Once you select this link, you will be taken to the Zoom meeting.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.