RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You can lock your Windows PC if you are not using it but do not want to log out. This way, your running applications remain open. Sometimes you also need to quickly lock down your Windows 8 computer, in case someone comes and you don’t want them to know what you did.
There are several ways to quickly lock Windows 8. Review the message and see which method is best for you.
To lock Windows 8
1] Press key combination WinKey+L. Your computer will be locked and you will need to re-enter your password to log in.
2] Press Ctrl+Alt+Alt+Del and select Lock.
3] Go to Windows 8 Startup and click on the image or tile of your user. Select Lock.
(4) Create a shortcut on your desktop to lock and secure your computer. To do this, right-click the desktop > New > Shortcut
In the Location
Lock Computer. Click Finish. Then select an appropriate icon for it.
NOTE at #4, paragraph 12: Please read Anonymous’ comment below.
Apropos Shortcuts – our free software that allows you to create tons of shortcuts in one click.
You can also read these articles :
- Stop, restart, logout, pause shortcuts
- Freeware to repair or delete broken Windows shortcuts
- Create desktop shortcut to change user account
- Desktop shortcut to disable, enable Windows firewall.