RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
You must have watched an exciting YouTube video and repeated it several times. The challenge for most of us is how to automatically play a looped YouTube video while sitting comfortably.
This guide shows you three easy ways to loop a YouTube video on your laptop, iPhone, or desktop. And how to loop a video varies from device to device. There are also many ways to play it over and over again: a favorite sermon, yoga tutorials, a motivational speech, and the list goes on.
Looping Video Directly from YouTube
After many people went online and asked how to loop a YouTube video, YouTube responded by recently updating its service to allow for a native solution. To make YouTube repeat now, all it takes is a magic right click.
Right-clicking on the video itself will bring up a drop-down menu. The option you want to activate is obviously Loop.
Creating a Youtube Playlist
The following method is useful if you want to have more than one video in an infinite loop while the previous method only works for one video. You must be connected to YouTube to access this feature.
- Launch YouTube, queue a video and click the Save button next to the Positive Vote and Negative Vote icons.
- Click the “Create New Playlist” button.
- Then name the playlist, set your privacy, and click the Create button.
- If you click Save to add another video to the playlist, check the box next to the playlist you just created.
- Then click the hamburger icon on the left side of the web interface and select the name of the playlist.
- Click the “Play All” button.
- When the first video loads, scroll down and click the loop icon to put the playlist in an endless loop.
Use an Extension
The last option for looping YouTube videos, if you want a simple solution and the first method doesn’t suit you, is to install an extension. For Chrome, there is Looper for YouTube.
Once you install the extension, you will see a new Looper option under the video. If you click it, you can choose how often the video should be looped and also if only part of the video should be looped. For Firefox you can use YouTube video playback.
Loop YouTube on Mobile Phones
If you want to get the same results on your mobile phone, things are unfortunately a bit more difficult.
At the moment, there is no simple option where you just click in the menu, press the loop button and set a video to repeat.
However, this is possible in a few more steps.
- Click the Save button to add the video to a new playlist.
- Name and create this playlist logically and select Private or Public.
- Click on it to display the playlist after its creation.
- Click on the small drop-down arrow and find the “Repeat” button.
- Activate the repeat, sit back and enjoy
We hope that you will be able to use these methods to repeat your (probably musical) video as often as you like! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.