RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Combine multiple PDF files into a single file so you don’t have to add half a dozen PDF files to your accounting if you know you’re losing track of more than one file. Or maybe you printed four or five sections of a report to separate PDF files from Word, Excel and photo editing. How to group them into a single PDF?
If you are using Windows, you will need third-party applications, but you can find free open source applications to do the work. There are also online applications that allow you to combine and edit the PDFs you download, but I don’t recommend any of them. Your PDF files contain invisible metadata that can identify you and your system, and you may not want to share this metadata with a site that offers free editing features. This site may want to enjoy your data in a way you don’t like.
How to combine and merge files into a PDF:
- In Acrobat, click on the Tools menu and select Combine Files.
- Click Combine Files, then Add Files to select the files you want to include in your PDF.
- Click, drag and drop to reorganize files and pages. Double-click on a file to expand and reorganize individual pages. Press the Delete button to delete unwanted content.
- When you have finished sorting the files, click Combine Files.
- Click on the Save button.
Use PDF merge
Several websites offer PDF merge services. Many are advertising oriented and free of charge. One of them is PDF Merge. PDF Merge allows you to download multiple files via a web browser. There is a 10 MB limit for files that are downloaded.
PDF Merge also offers a cost-effective downloadable application that merges PDF files offline. Only a Windows version is available.
How to use PDF Merge
Follow these steps to merge PDF files with PDF Merge:
- Select Select file, select a PDF file you want to merge, and then select Open.
- Select Other files to add another file. Do this for each PDF file you want to merge.
- The files are merged in the order you select and downloaded.
- Select Merge to combine all selected files.
- Download the final combined PDF to your computer.
There are many free and paid tools that allow you to merge multiple PDFs into a single PDF file. Choose the one that best suits your needs. Let us know in the comments below if you have successfully merged your PDF files into one.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.