RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you install too many games on your C drive, your computer will slow down. A good choice to get out of this situation is to move your Origin games installed on another disk without reloading your games.
Origin is an online game distribution platform that offers many games, some of which are exclusive to the platform. Often, users have to move the games they have downloaded from Origin to another hard drive on their computer. Unfortunately, you can’t just copy and paste the game onto the other disc. It doesn’t work that way. In this article, we will teach you a safe way to copy games to another hard drive that only takes a few seconds of your time.
To move your game files to a new location on your PC:
- Find the game you want to move in your game library.
- Right-click on the tile and select Move part.
- Find the new folder where you want to move the game.
- There are some restrictions on which folders you can use, but Origin will tell you if you cannot use the folder you selected.
- Click on Select a folder.
The game files will all be automatically moved to the new folder you just selected. The game will then repair itself and ensure that all files have been transferred correctly. It may take some time, but once it’s done, you’re ready to play.
FIND ONE OF YOUR GAMES
Need Origin to help you find where one of your game files is on your computer? You can tell Origin where to look so you don’t have to download all the files again.
Here’s how to do it:
- Find the game you need to search in your game library.
- Right-click on the tile and select Search for a game.
- Locate the folder where the game is located, then click Select a folder.
Origin will then find all the files it needs to download and install the game for you.
After all these steps, you will see that your games or programs have been transferred to the desired location. Log into your game account and you can restart the game.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.