Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Slack is a time saver. Slack frees up your inbox, allows you to hold desktop discussions on any topic, and – perhaps best of all – allows you to create custom emojis of your colleagues’ faces. Slack also bombards you with notifications, causes unnecessary conversations, and has probably stolen valuable hours from your productivity at work.
It’s time to clean house. Use these tips to get your Slack in shape.
Luckily, the developers of Slack have done their job and created just enough features to let you work with the tool without losing the rest of your patience.
Try to mute Slack channels and direct messages that you only need to check occasionally. Muted conversations will not appear in bold if there is unread activity, and you will not be notified if they are mentioned. Muting is also convenient for channels that receive many updates from bots, such as your Twitter feed.
How to Mute Channels in the Slack Mobile App
- We start with the mobile application. To mute a specific channel (whether or not it’s marked with an asterisk), navigate to that channel. In that channel, press the down arrow in the upper left corner
- Tap Notifications on the Channel Details screen.
- In the window that appears, touch either Only @Tags (for silence) or Nothing (for silence) on the channel
- If you leave this window again, the channel in question will be muted.
How to Mute Channels in the Slack Desktop App
- Open the channel you want to cut.
- Click Details in the upper right corner.
- Click More.
- Select Mute #Channel Name.
Unmute Slack Channels
You can also disable the channel at any time. To do so, go to the channel settings on your computer and click on “unmute# (channel name)”. Notifications should be restored. Using your phone or tablet, find a bell icon with a slash, usually found next to the channel name, and click it to unmute the channel.
Using the Slack application can be very useful for achieving your daily goals, keeping in touch with colleagues, and keeping track of your task list. But the noise of an ongoing discussion can be distracting and cause loss of concentration in the office. Some people may be able to cope with the noise of endless notifications, but others may not. If you need quiet while you work, you can now mute the channel to create a little silence in the office.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.