Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
When your data is in the Recycle Bin, you can easily recover deleted files and view them in their original location on your computer. However, once you accidentally or intentionally clear files from the Recycle Bin, they will be deleted without the possibility of recovery. And it will be a little more difficult to recover.
It’s easy if you haven’t already emptied the trash. You can still go to the Recycle Bin and recover deleted files.
Some users ask how to recover deleted data taken out of the Recycle Bin. If you delete files in Windows without holding down the Shift key, that data will be sent to the trash. Users can recover accidentally deleted data from the Recycle Bin, but not permanently deleted data. However, there is still hope to recover permanently deleted data, as we will discuss in this article.
Restore files deleted from the Recycle Bin to their original location
If you’re using a Windows device, there are some easy ways to recover files deleted from the recycle garbage can. If you haven’t permanently deleted them, you can easily get your files back. Below are simple steps to recover deleted files in Windows.
- First, open your trash folder. You should see all the deleted files along with other information such as their original location, time and date when they were deleted.
- Find the files you want to delete. If you only want to recover one file, right-click the selected item and select “Recover”. You can also recover all deleted files by clicking “Recover All Items” on the top menu.
- After recovering deleted files from the Recycle Bin, you will be able to access the deleted files. You can find them in the original file location where they were saved.
Data recovery using Recuva software
In this method, we use Recuva, a recovery application developed by Piriform. It was developed by the same developers who created CCleaner. So it is a reliable application. Recuva is one of the best free recovery software that can easily recover files deleted from recycle garbage can. You can download it from Recuva official website, install it and do the following steps:
- Open the Recuva application by double-clicking the shortcut on your desktop, or open it by holding down the Windows key and pressing S to open the search tool. Type Recuva and press Enter.
- On the welcome screen, click Next. You will now have a File Type option. Select “All files” if you’re not sure what type of file you want to recover.
- Now share the location of the lost files on the schedule. You can select the “Add to Trash” option and click Next.
- Note. If you want to recover files that are in a different location, you can specify the location or select “I’m not sure” to scan all possible files that can be recovered.
- Start a quick scan by clicking the Start button. You can also use Deep Scan by selecting it.
- After recovering the files, you can simply browse through them as shown below, or switch to Advanced Mode.
- Note. In Advanced mode, the status of the recovered files is displayed in color. Green files are in good condition, red files cannot be recovered.
- Select the files you want to recover and click the “Recover” button. Select the location where you want to save the recovery files and click OK.
- Once the process is complete, you will be able to restore the files to the location you specified.
Recover data with DMDE
DMDE Free is a great tool to recover deleted files from Windows 10 Recycle Bin.
This tool does a great job of scanning and recovering lost files. The software is well designed as it allows us to recover deleted files from anywhere on our PC.
The user interface is relatively less complicated and the software has a wide range of file format databases.
The program allows you to select a disk and search for all mountable partitions.
It will then open a window where you can recover your lost files. You can try DMDE Free anytime because it is free.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.