Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The 0x80090016 error may be due to system corruption or a certificate error damaging the hard disk. The 0x80090016 problem can be considered a time bomb for your PC. When you encounter an exit 0x80090016, you should look for a good way to get rid of it as quickly as possible.
Otherwise, your computer will probably have serious computer problems, such as a blue screen, system crash or program shutdown. It is therefore essential to solve the problem 0x80090016.
Here’s how to fix it:
Accessing the computer in safe mode
Try connecting to your computer in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a limited state in which only the most necessary things are started. Check if the same problem occurs in safe mode.
There are two versions of Safe Mode: Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Network. They are quite similar, but secure networking mode includes the network drivers and services you need to access the Internet and other computers on your network.
- Hold down the Shift key while pressing the power icon and select Restart.
- In the Windows recovery environment, select Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.
- When your computer restarts, the boot settings are displayed. Select option 4 to enable safe mode.
- Log into your account in safe mode and verify that you can log in with your PIN.
- Restart your computer to return to normal startup.
Using the sfc utility
Scanning system files is absolutely the most useful way to repair corrupted Windows files. The whole process is very simple.
System File Checker is a Windows 10 utility that checks system files for corruption. It is recommended for advanced users. To start it:
- In the taskbar search box, type the command prompt. Hold down the command prompt (desktop application) in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- Enter DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth (note the space before each”/”). (Note: This step may take several minutes to start and up to 30 minutes to run and finish.
- Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between “sfc” and”/”).
On the desktop, press the Windows key and R. The Run field should appear, then you can enter the following command: Slui 3 Press Enter and wait for the window to appear. This window asks for the product key to activate the operating system. Enter the product key and press the Activate button. Restart the computer. The error code 0x80090016 must now be corrected.
From all the above, it is obvious that debugging 0x80090016 is a bit complicated for some people. With this help, we hope you can solve your problem.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.