RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The 0xc00db3b2 error occurs when users try to play videos with the Film & TV application on their Windows 10 computer. In most cases, the users concerned report that the problem occurred after a recent Windows update. The problem seems to affect only Windows 10 and seems to affect all types of videos, including 360 videos.
How To Fix 0xC00DB3B2 Error Code:
Installation / Reinstallation of HEVC video extensions
The majority of users who encountered the error code 0xc00db3b2 managed to solve the problem by installing or reinstalling the HEVC Video Extensions application from Microsoft Store. This extension is designed to take advantage of the latest hardware capabilities, including Intel’s 7th generation and newer GPUs with 4k support.
But it turns out that some types of video content require that this extension be installed to work as intended. In addition, there are certain inconsistencies in the functioning of this extension of the EEVC. Since it has the potential to cause interference, you should reinstall it to solve the problem if you have already installed it – several users concerned have confirmed that this procedure has helped them to solve the problem.
If the problem occurs with a type of content that normally requires the HEVC Video Extension application, follow these steps to install or reinstall the Microsoft Store application:
- If the HEVC Video Extension application is already installed, press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type’ms-settings:appsfeatures’ and press Enter to open the Apps & Features tool in the Settings application.
- If you are in the Apps & Features tab, scroll down the list of applications and locate the HEVC Video Extension application.
- When you see it, click it once, then click Uninstall in the pop-up menu that appears.
- Press Windows + R to open a Run dialog box. Then type “ms-windows-store://home” and press Enter to open the Microsoft Store home page.
- Once in the Microsoft Store, use the search function in the upper right corner to search for HEVC video extensions.
- On the next screen, click Get to install the application and wait until the process is complete.
- Once the application is installed, restart your computer and check that the problem is solved the next time you boot your system.
Repair or reset of applications
- Open Settings and select Applications.
- In the Apps & Features tab, find the name of the missing application. Click on the application and select Advanced options (if available).
- If a repair option is available, click Repair. If this option is not available, or if Fix does not solve the problem, you can also use the Reset option, although you may lose all saved App data.
- Once the repair or reset is complete, the appearance should reappear in the App list and can be pinned in the Start menu.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.