RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If the internal webcam on your ASUS notebook is not detected after updating or upgrading Windows 10, the cause is most likely the webcam driver. To solve the problem, you can reinstall the webcam driver or update the webcam driver.
We have suggested several methods below to solve the problem with your Asus Webcam. You can try both until you have solved your ASUS USB 2.0 webcam problem.
Make Sure your Webcam is Turned on
First, make sure your camera is enabled and can be used by applications. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open your Start menu and tap the Settings lane.
- Once you’ve clicked Privacy in the Settings window.
- Navigate to the left pane and select your camera.
- Make sure the setting “Allow applications to use my camera” is enabled.
- Find the list of “applications that can use your camera”.
- Let all applications access your camera.
Reset your Webcam Connection
If your laptop has been dropped or has received a mechanical shock, the built-in webcam may come loose. The plug may also have been loose or improperly secured the last time the laptop was removed.
Simply lift the screen frame of your laptop. Depending on the model of your laptop, you may first need to remove a few screws around the screen. Unplug your webcam and then plug it back in completely before reattaching the frame. Here are some instructions on how to reinstall your built-in webcam. If you don’t feel comfortable opening your computer, ask a professional to do it for you.
Changing your Exposure Settings
If a black screen appears when your video recording software tries to access your webcam, the application settings may be incorrect. Let us optimize them to solve your video problems:
- Launch your capture software.
- Go to the Video Settings section.
- Navigate to the exposure and set it to automatic.
Update Asus Webcam Drivers
If the webcam on your laptop is not working properly, you may need to update the drivers. There are two ways around this problem. You can either download the updates manually or use third-party software. Learn how to manually update your drivers on Windows 8 and 10 :
- Go to the Start menu (Win button).
- Enter the Device Manager. Select it in the search results.
- Find your webcam (Camera>USB2 etc.) in the device list. Right click on it and select Update Driver.
- Then select the automatic update check.
Here are the steps for manual update for ASUS Windows 7 laptops
- Right-click the This PC icon and choose Manage.
- Then choose Device Manager and then Imaging Devices.
- Select your camera and click the right mouse button.
- Select Properties, Details, Hardware, PID Version. Save this PID information. You will need it.
- Go back and right-click your webcam again. Press Uninstall and restart your device.
- Visit the official ASUS support site and search for your camera driver with the PID version mentioned above.
- Download the update and follow the on-screen instructions for configuration.
With the webcam installed on your Asus computer screen, you can record videos and photos on your desktop. You can also hold video conferences with friends and family. While the webcam is inherent to the computer, Asus does not include software to manage hardware functions. Windows includes the Movie Maker utility, which has the necessary software to activate the webcam so that you can record content directly to your hard drive.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.