Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Adobe Creative Cloud is a suite of applications and services from Adobe Systems that gives users access to a variety of software, mostly used for graphic design, video editing, photography, etc. D. If you use Cloud, you’re probably signing up for a monthly or annual subscription to these products.
Although Adobe makes Creative Cloud the heart of all its products, there is an issue with Windows that prevents users from removing Creative Cloud from their computers. This is a known problem that has received a lot of negative feedback from the community.
Adobe engineers designed the application so that you need to either be connected or have an Internet connection. While this can be frustrating if you don’t have one, there are several ways to easily remove Creative Cloud.
Run the Creative Cloud uninstaller.
- In Windows, go to Control Panel> Programs> Programs and Features. Select all Creative Cloud applications and click “Uninstall” or “Uninstall” to remove them from your computer. Then restart your computer.
- Then run the Creative Cloud uninstaller to completely remove Creative Cloud for desktops. (If you can’t find the uninstaller on your computer, download it from Adobe Help.)
- On a Mac, go to Applications > Utilities > Adobe Installers. Run the uninstallers for all Creative Cloud applications. For example, to uninstall Photoshop CC, double-click Uninstall Adobe Photoshop CC. Then double-click Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud to remove it. Reboot your Mac to see if Adobe Creative Cloud is gone.
Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop application automatically (Enterprise only).
Before you run the uninstaller, make sure that all of your files are already synced. Files that are not synced to your Creative Cloud account may be lost.
Follow the steps below to remove the Creative Cloud desktop application from SCCM automatically.
- Create a folder on the SCCM server computer and place the Creative Cloud Uninstaller executable file there. You can select the executable file on any computer that has the latest version of the Creative Cloud desktop application installed. The executable file is located at:
- Windows: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Adobe \ Adobe Creative Cloud \ Utilities \ Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe.
- macOS: / Applications / Utilities / Adobe Creative Cloud / Utilities / Creative Cloud Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS/Creative Cloud Uninstaller
- Create a new package using the folder created in the step above as the source.
- Create a program and use the Creative Cloud Uninstaller.exe -u command to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop application.
- Run this program from a distribution point on each of the client computers on which you want to uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop application.
You can only uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop application if all Creative Cloud applications (such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro) have already been uninstalled from your system.
Can I uninstall Creative Cloud and keep Photoshop?
Yes. If you purchased a Creative Cloud Photographer plan or a single application plan, you can remove Creative Cloud for the desktop application and leave only Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, etc. D. This is absolutely true. Creative Cloud for desktop is only used to install or update CC applications. You can still use Photoshop, Lightroom, or other CC apps without any issues without the CC desktop app. You just can’t get the latest CC app updates in time and you need internet access to check your license expiration date for a period of time.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.