Last Updated on February 4, 2022
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Do you get a 721 error code on DirecTV when you try to broadcast your favorite channel? This is a fairly common problem that DirecTV subscribers face, and in today’s article, we’ll give you some simple solutions to fix this error code.
DirecTV error code 721 means that there may be signal problems between the DirecTV receiver and other incorrect system settings. Not only that, but this error also occurs when the channel you are trying to broadcast is not included in your preferred DirecTV package.
If you are getting a 721 error code with DirecTV, it could also mean that your receiver is not processing program information for your preferred channel.
What causes a DirecTV 721 error code?
- Firmware error.
- The channel is not in your subscription package.
- The receiver is not receiving program information for that channel.
How to fix the DirecTV error code 721?
Reset your DirecTV receiver
- Locate the reset button on the back of the receiver.
- Find the reset button (the small red button) in the access card flap and briefly press the red button.
- Wait until the unit restarts and all the lights start flashing simultaneously.
- Then check again to see if there is a problem.
Updating the DirecTV service
- Make sure the DirecTV receiver is not currently broadcasting any channels.
- Unplug the receiver’s power cord from the power source (outlet) and from the back of the receiver and wait about 15 seconds.
- Then reconnect the power cord and press the receiver’s power button to start the receiver.
- After your receiver starts up, try again to solve the problem.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
If you see a 721 code - "Channel not purchased," it could mean one of two things: either the channel is not part of your package, or your service just needs to be upgraded.
It is located on the side of the receiver or in the access card flap. Press the red button and wait for the receiver to reset.
- Unplug your receiver, wait 15 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Press the power button on the front panel of the receiver. Wait for the receiver to restart.
- Go to "My Devices" to update the receiver again.