Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The “Error Code: 0xC004F013” is generated when you try to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (RTM version) on your computer. As you know, this error message appears if you have installed the KB941649 update of Windows Vista on your PC. Users are unable to launch Microsoft Office because of this error.
To solve the problem, follow these steps:
- Access the execution order by pressing Windows + R and typing “cmd”.
- At the prompt, type “slmgr.vbs -ipk xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx-(25-digit product key)” and press Enter.
- Then enter slmgr.vbs -ato and Enter.
- If the error persists, reopen the prompt and type “Slui 3” and enter your 25-digit product key in the window that appears.
- Click Enable and open cmd in administrator mode (right click cmd -> Run as administrator) and execute the command under “sfc /scannow”, then press Enter.
- Restart your computer and reactivate Windows 8, which works perfectly.
Update the Registry
You can solve the problem by updating the registry.
- Close all Office applications.
- Right-click the Windows button in the lower left corner of your screen and choose Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit and click OK.
- Select Yes when prompted to allow the registry editor to make changes to your device.
- In the registry editor, expand HKEY_USERS and choose S-1-5-20-20.
- Right-click on S-1-5-20 and select Authorizations.
- Select Add.
- Enter the name of the logged in user, select Check names, then OK.
- Select Advanced.
- In Advanced Security Settings, on the Authorizations tab, select the user you just added and choose Edit.
- Under Basic Privileges, select Full Access, then click OK.
What questions come to mind? Let us know your thoughts using the comment field below and if you have added something to the subject, then also use the comment field below.
STAFF RECOMMENATION: If you're having issues with your PC, click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.