Last Updated on February 3, 2022
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Printers are designed to provide the best quality, and when it comes to printing, this error can be quite frustrating. The E05 error is a fairly common problem with Canon printers. But before you can figure out how to fix this error, you need to understand what the error is, and only after that can you find out how to fix this error code.
Canon printer error E05 is a common error that can occur in Canon printers. The E05 error occurs in the printer when there are problems with the ink cartridges. In this blog, Canon printer error E05, we will discuss the E05 error in detail.
What causes E05 errors on Canon printers?
- The main cause of Canon printer error E05 is a compatibility problem with the cartridge installed in your Canon printer. Canon printers have a cartridge from which ink comes out through a small hole that is used to print newspapers, banners, etc.
- If you don’t use the printer for an extended period, the ink can dry out and block the hole in the cartridge. Another cause of the E05 error is a faulty cartridge holder or when replacing the cartridge. This error is very common and can be easily fixed.
How to fix the E05 error on Canon printers?
Reset the printer settings
- Turn on the printer.
- Hold down the stop button for 5-6 seconds to restart the printer.
- The printer is now ready to use again.
Replace an ink cartridge
- Purchase an ink cartridge for your Canon printer from your local electronics store.
- Reinstall the cartridge using the first method.
Reinstalling and removing obstructions
- Open the cover on the top of your Canon printer.
- You will now see the ink cartridge installed.
- Press the two clips on the sides of the cartridge holder, the ink cartridge will pop out and you can remove it.
- Now check the cartridge for dust particles or dried-up ink in the hole, which may be causing a clog.
- Clean the cartridges with a paper towel and place the ink cartridge in its holder.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
Clean the ink cartridges with a paper towel and install the ink cartridge in its holder. If the error persists, you need to replace the ink cartridge.
Press and hold the Stop/Cancel or Reset button for about 10-15 seconds. If this does not clear the error, then the cartridges are empty. E5/E05: The print head is not installed (correctly) or is faulty. Open the printer cover and check that the print head is correctly installed.
If you see this message after installing a new cartridge, you can clear this error code by locating the STOP/RESET/RESUME button and holding it down for 10 seconds on your Canon printer.