RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Recently, there have been many complaints about the error code 0xC0000374, which occurs when Windows 10 users try to install the critical drivers of the sound card Realtek. Under normal conditions you should not see this error, but it occurs due to several software errors.
This error does not only occur with software errors but also indicates whether the system has a faulty soundcard installed. In such cases, the only solution for users is to change the sound card, because the software solution cannot afford to solve the hardware problem.
However, moving to a final solution is not ideal because you do not want to spend a few dollars on what may be a software error. We therefore recommend that you do a troubleshooting first to identify any problems with the software that may cause this error.
Activate the soundcard driver again
It is possible to install a damaged driver. In this case you need to cancel the driver installation and see if it will fix the error.
If restarting the driver does not solve the problem, proceed to the next solution.
Install the Realtek UAD driver cleanly
There is a high probability that your system has a faulty driver. This infected driver may cause this error. To install the Realtek driver correctly, follow these steps:
- First uninstall the Realtek UAD driver using DDU (Display Driver Uninstall Utility) or the Driver Storage Explorer (RAPR).
- Second, you need to download and reconfigure the Realtek Generic UAD driver installation.
- Finally, reboot the device to see if the error is fixed.
Note. For example, if you are using RAPR, try to remove all extensions and components related to Realtek.
Use the Add legacy hardware in Device Manager option.
This solution only applies if audio, video and game controllers are lost in Device Manager.
Follow the instructions in solution 1 to use the Add Legacy Hardware option in Device Manager.
If the error persists, proceed to the next solution.
Disable the Microsoft UAA bus driver
Sometimes UAA drivers may be the main cause of OxC0000374 error. So, you can try to remove UAA drivers from your system and then see if the problem is solved or not. To uninstall these UAA drivers,
- Hold Windows + I, then click the Applications tab.
- Find the Realtek HD Audio driver below and click Uninstall.
- Hold down Windows Key + X and open the advanced user menu.
- Select the Device Manager option from the list.
- The Device Manager window will open. From there, find the Sound, Video and Game Controllers tab and open it.
- Now find the “Microsoft UAA Bus Driver” option and right-click it. Then select the option you want to disable.
- Then right-click it and select the option “Delete”.
- Now double-click on “Outdated audio drivers” and select “Properties”.
- Select an audio device from the list and delete it.
- After that, restart your entire system.
- Then reinstall the driver installer file and see if the problem is solved now or not.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.