RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Lately, a lot of Fallout 76 players have been reporting their games crashing or crashing frequently. Some see the error, but many just go back to the desktop.
If you’re having this problem too, try the following simple solutions!
There is no guaranteed fix for Fallout 76’s recent crashes, but Bethesda’s community manager notes a possible fix that worked for some players.
You don’t have to try all of them. You just have to go through the list until you find what you want.
Run Fallout 76 Scan & Repair from the Bethesda.net Launcher.
The scan and repair tool will check installed games for corrupted / missing files. When the scan is complete, it will show you which files are damaged / missing and need replacing and need to be downloaded.
If your Bethesda.net launcher is having an issue on its own, follow the instructions in this article: How do I launch the Bethesda.net Launcher Repair Tool?
You can restore your game files for games using the Bethesda.net Launcher by following these steps:
- Open the Bethesda.net launcher and click the game icon to select the game you want to fix.
- Click the Options link to open the Options window.
- Select “Scan and Repair” and the launcher will immediately begin scanning the game files for verification.
Verify integrity of game files on Steam
When playing on Steam, check the integrity of the game files.
- Load steam.
- In the Library section, right-click Fallout 76 and choose Properties from the menu.
- Select the Local Files tab and click Check Integrity of Game Files …
- Steam checks the game files. This process can take several minutes.
- When the process is complete, the verification window will close automatically.
Install the latest patch
Bethesda regularly updates patches to improve Fallout 76 and address specific issues. Therefore, if you encounter the Fallout 76 error on PC, you can install these fixes and keep the game up to date. This step will help you fix some errors that might cause the game to crash.
After that, restart Fallout 76 and see if the Fallout 76 crash error is fixed.
Run Fallout 76 as administrator
To fix the error that causes Fallout 76 to keep crashing, you can run it as administrator.
Here’s a tutorial.
- Right click on the Fallout 76 desktop shortcut.
- Then select Properties.
- In the pop-up window, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Then activate the option Run this program as administrator.
- Then click Apply and OK to save the changes.
After completing all the steps, restart Fallout 76 and see if the Fallout 76 crash error is fixed.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.