Forza Horizon 4 is a racing video game developed by Playground Games and published by Microsoft Studios. It was released in 2018 on Microsoft Windows and Xbox One. As the fourth Forza Horizon game and the eleventh installment in the Forza series, this game introduced the changing seasons and won the favor of most players.
The game should run smoothly if the necessary conditions are met. However, many players report that the game crashes at launch or while playing on PC, which is quite frustrating for PC players. In fact, the problem of the game crashing can be related not only to the technical characteristics of the PC, but also to other factors.
The good news is that you can easily solve this problem. Here are some solutions, and you can read the details next.
Why does Forza Horizon 4 game crash on Windows 10
After studying this particular problem, we found possible culprits. So, here are the reasons why Forza Horizon 4 may not load on PC:
- An outdated or corrupt video card driver.
- RAM problems can also cause this problem.
- A hard drive error.
- Outdated Windows system.
- A third-party antivirus application blocking the game files is also the cause of the game crash.
- If other applications conflict with the game.
- If your system does not meet the minimum hardware requirements.
How to fix Forza Horizon 4 game crash on Windows 10
Resetting Forza Horizon 4
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I simultaneously to open Windows settings, then click on Apps.
- Select Forza Horizon 4 and click Advanced Settings.
- Click Reset to reset Forza Horizon 4 settings.
- Launch Forza Horizon 4 to see if the problem is resolved.
Turn off the microphone for Forza Horizon 4
If you have your microphone turned on in the game Forza Horizon 4, it may be the cause of the crash. Simply turn it off and see if the game continues to crash or not.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo and the I key at the same time to open Windows settings, then click Privacy.
- In the left pane, click on Microphone.
- Then on the right side, turn off the button next to Forza Horizon 4.
- Restart your Windows system, then restart Forza Horizon 4.
Update the Windows system to the latest version
Sometimes a crashing problem can occur if your Windows system is not the latest version. Try updating your Windows system to the latest version and the problem may be solved.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type update.
- In the results list, click Check for updates to open the Windows Update window.
- Click Check for updates to update your Windows system.
- Restart your computer and restart Forza Horizon 4. Check if the problem is fixed.
Reinstalling Forza Horizon 4
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard and type Forza Horizon 4.
- If you see Forza Horizon 4 in the list of results, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button to uninstall Forza Horizon 4.
- Open the Microsoft Store application.
- In the search bar, type Forza horizon 4 and click the “Search” button.
- Select the previously purchased game to start installing it.
- Run the game and see if it keeps crashing.
- Hopefully, you can solve this unfortunate problem by reinstalling the game.
Perform a reboot
If the problem persists, you may need to reboot. Rebooting is a troubleshooting method that allows you to manually disable startup operations and services to find the problematic software that keeps crashing the game. Once you figure it out, just delete it and the problem will be solved.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type MSConfig and press Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Click the Services tab, select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
- Select the Startup tab, and then click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab of the Task Manager, select an item for each startup item, and then click Disabled.
- Return to the System Configuration window and click OK.
- Click Restart to restart your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Install the latest versions of drivers.
- Install the appropriate software.
- Make sure your computer is not overheating.
- Disable background programs.
- Disable the built-in sound device.
- Check for malicious programs.
- Check your hardware.
Forza Horizon 4 may not start if the game is not properly installed on your computer or if some of the game files are corrupt or missing.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum technical requirements.
- Restart your computer and try again.
- Update your graphics drivers.
- Disable antivirus and other third-party software.
- Unplug your computer from the power outlet.
- Try running the game client in administrator mode.
- Make sure that the game is installed correctly.
- Make sure your computer meets the minimum system requirements for Forza Horizon 4.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Update the drivers.
- Clear the standby memory before starting playback.
- Turn off the microphone in the game Forza Horizon 4.
- Restart Forza Horizon 4.