RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
As an OTT (Over The Top) media service, Hulu allows you to watch live television without having to buy a cable or satellite subscription. The company also has a library of thousands of movies and television programs, although its over-the-air television offering attracts consumers looking for alternative ways to watch television.
However, consumers in Hulu often complain that the picture quality of over-the-air television suffers, which is not entirely unexpected. OTT services such as Hulu Live adapt to the Internet speeds available to them. So if you get a Hulu Live connection with a less than optimal Internet connection, chances are that the picture quality will suffer.
How to Repair Hulu Live Keeps Crashing
Check your System Requirements
To avoid problems accessing the Hulu Service, you must ensure that the computer you are using has the required configuration.
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher, Microsoft Windows 10 and Chrome OS
- Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Execution of a Power Cycle
Using your streaming equipment in power cycling mode is a great way to renew your connection and start over.
Follow these steps to perform a power cycle :
- Turn off the device you are using to run Hulu
- Turn off the modem and router (skip this step if you are using cellular data on a mobile device).
- If necessary, disconnect your device (device, modem and router) from the power source.
- Wait a few minutes, then turn the power back on and try Hulu again.
Clearing the Cache and Data
Sometimes cache and filled data can impair application functionality. You should clear your cache and data on a regular basis. If you haven’t done this for a long time, we can’t recommend it.
To clear your Hulu cache and data, start your device and go to settings. Then go to Applications and select the Hulu application. Either in the Hulu application window, or in another sub-category called Memory, you will find the Clear Cache and Clear Data options.
On Apple devices, there is no option to clear the cache and data directly. You must first uninstall the Hulu application from your Apple device and then reinstall it.
If you are using a web browser for Hulu, clear the cache and data under your web browser settings option.
Check for Application and System Updates
We recommend that you regularly check for updates for Hulu and your device. This will ensure you get the latest features, improvements and bug fixes. For steps to follow on your specific device, visit the official Hulu website.
Check your Internet Connection
As this is an online streaming platform, you need to make sure that your Internet connection is able to reach the required download speed.
- 3.0 Mbps for the Hulu Streaming Library
- 8.0 Mbps for live feeds
- 16.0 Mbps for 4K content
If you have a problem with the download speed of your Internet, try the following actions.
- Disconnect other devices that are connected to your home network.
- Close any other applications or programs running in the background on your device.
- Connect your device directly to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Restart the router and the computer.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.