RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The application error Oxc0000142 is caused by a malfunction or damage of the program you want to use. Many people report that this error occurs when they try to run “cmd.exe”, which is the DOS emulation program for your computer. Although this error does not indicate the real problem with the system or application in question, you can correct it using a standard method.
The most typical reason why the application error Oxc0000142 occurs is that the various applications you need use damaged or corrupted files. These files are necessary for your computer to use, and if they are damaged in any way, they make your computer extremely unreliable and cause errors such as the Oxc0000142 error.
1. Click on the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
2. Start Programs, then click on Programs and Features.
3. Now scroll down, select the Office product, then click on Edit at the top of the window.
4. Then click on Quick Repair and wait until the Office program is repaired.
5. if the above steps have not solved the problem, it is necessary to uninstall the Office products and reinstall them.
System file checker.
System File Checker is a Windows utility that allows users to search for errors in Windows system files and helps recover damaged / corrupted / missing files.
- Move the mouse over the right edge of the screen, and then press Search.
- Type “Command prompt” in the search box, right-click on Command prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.
- At the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and press ENTER.
The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted files with a cached copy.
Note: Do not close the Command Prompt window until the scanning is 100% complete. The scan results are displayed when the process is finished.
Repair damaged system files.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow in the input window.
The system automatically starts an analysis process that scans all system files and finds the file corrupted; if there is a corrupted file, it is displayed and repaired by replacing the specific file with one that uses the cache memory. The system needs a reboot to make the changes, and then this error code Oxc0000142 should be fixed, if not even switched to another solution.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.