Last Updated on November 13, 2020
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
Error like NAT PS4, type NAT PS4 is a common problem among PS4 owners, which usually occurs when testing your Internet connection. Is there a NAT type error? Take a look at our manual below to find out what it is and possible solutions.
First of all, NAT means network address translation, which for non-professionals is the ability to convert a public IP address into a private IP address. In the case of PS4 games, this means easy or complicated connections to other PS4 consoles for parties, chat and other similar features.
There are three types in total: Type 1 (open), Type 2 (medium) and Type 3 (strict). Usually they may not work due to network problems, including incorrect settings and firewall problems. There are a number of possible solutions to the problem described below.
Manually configuring PS4 network settings
To confirm the IP address, you need to perform the following steps:
- Open the settings and try to go to the PS4 home screen.
- Go to “View connection status” and change the IP address.
- Check the network connection settings to manually configure the PS4 network settings.
Follow the on-screen instructions to change the NAT type. You can now access and use all modules if you have successfully completed all the steps.
Enable universal PnP on your router
With UPnP (Universal Plug n Play) the device can detect the router to connect to the Internet. Enabling UPnP may improve your connection while playing a game or chatting with a friend.
- Log in to your router. To connect, you must enter the IP address assigned to the router, which is also indicated on the back panel or in the field. The IP address should look like this: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1, etc. E. Fill in the necessary data and gain access.
- Go to the UPnP menu and activate the service. Each router has its own set of settings, so you will have to review them or go to the manual to find out where it is.
- Save the changes, turn both devices off and on again. After switching on, check your Internet connection on PS4 and make sure that the correct type of NAT is now selected.
Activate the DMZ server and redirect the ports for your network.
If the previous two methods do not work, you can also try to configure the DMZ. A DMZ is a physical subnet. It can establish a connection between external services on the network and an untrusted network. However, port forwarding redirects a connection request from one IP address to another router.
- Log into your router and go to the network settings.
- Open the DMZ menu to enter the PS4 IP address.
- Now you need to add different ports to the port forwarding table of your router.
- Save all the changes, turn the device off and on again.
Forward ports to your network
The last step in troubleshooting is port forwarding. This is the process of redirecting a communication request from one combination of address and port number to another when packets pass through a network gateway such as a router.
- Log in to your router. To connect, enter the IP address assigned to the router, which is also indicated on the back panel or in the field. The IP address should look like this: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.8.1, etc. E. Fill in the necessary data and gain access.
- Now go on to port forwarding. Before you go on adding ports to the forwarding table, make sure that your PS4 is named and each of these ports must be assigned an IP address.
- Add the following ports to the port forwarding table of your router: 80 (TCP), 443 (TCP), 3478 (TCP and UDP), 3479 (TCP and UDP), 3480 (TCP).
- Save the settings.
- Reboot the router.
These are 4 easy ways to fix failures like PS4 NAT. Please feel free to leave comments below to share your ideas. If you have any further questions, let us know and we’ll see how we can help you.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.