RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Like all other useful extensions, Showgoers has several problems of its own. There are many cases where the extension does not respond to user commands, or if it does, it makes random errors and starts the movie/episode from the beginning.
Showgoers for Netflix is a Chrome extension to watch Netflix remotely with friends, for example for movie nights with this long-distance specialist. It synchronizes video playback. This means that you and a friend can watch the same shows at the same time to have more fun. Showgoers for Netflix also has a chat function that allows you to discuss the action directly on the screen.
What makes Showgoers not work with Netflix?
- Netflix does not work
- Defective cookies and cache
- The Showgoers service does not work
Check the status of Netflix
Before you start with any other solution, make sure your Netflix access works as expected. Netflix is seriously affected and if it causes problems on its own, Showgoers will not be able to run as expected.
What you can do is make sure that Netflix works properly. You can consult our Netflix search results where we have displayed several different error messages and their solutions. Once you are absolutely sure that Netflix is working, go ahead.
Open Showgoers in the Incognito Windows
Another thing you should try before we delete your surf data and cache is to check if the viewers are working in your incognito tab or in another profile. Sometimes, other extensions or your cache data interfere with Showgoers, and if they do, there may be a delay in synchronizing movies and shows.
Clear the cache in a Google Chrome browser.
If you notice that your Google Chrome browser is slow or does not load updates you know have been made on a particular website, it may be time to clear your cache.
- Open Google Chrome and click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen to open an options menu. Move your mouse over the “More tools” section, which opens another menu.
- Click on the’Delete navigation data’ option to open a context menu.
- Check the box next to “Cached images and files” in the list (In addition, the Advanced tab allows you to select any combination of options from your browser history to your cookies and other saved page data or passwords.)
- Once you have selected the data to be deleted, select the period for which you want to delete the data and click on Delete data. Wait until the pop-up window disappears and you’re done!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.