Updated May 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
- Download and install the repair tool here.
- Let it scan your computer.
- The tool will then repair your computer.
The Sims 4 is one of the most popular life simulator games in the world. As in real life, players can involve their sims in various activities and build relationships with other sims.
The Sims 4 is a very stable game, but players report that from time to time there may be various technical problems that limit their gaming experience.
Your game Sims 4 does not open? Do not worry. Many players of Sims 4 have reported about this problem. You can use one of the following solutions to solve the problem.
There are six solutions that you can try to solve. You may not have to try them all. You just need to go down to the top of the list until you find what you need.
Repair the game
If Sims 4 doesn’t start or takes off, the first thing you can try is to fix the game in Origin. To restore the game, follow these steps:
1) Open Origin.
2) Go to your game library.
3) Right-click the game Sims 4 and choose “Repair”.
4) Check if Sims 4 opens.
Delete the Origin cache files
Over time, these files accumulate outdated or damaged data, which causes various problems. You can find Origin cache files here:
- Origin folder in C:UsersAppDataLocal
- Origin folder in C:Users AppDataRoaming
If you do not see the files in these places, expand them. Go to the search menu, enter a folder, then select Show hidden files and folders in search results.
You can also access these folders from the Run dialog box. To do this, simply press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog box. Now enter one of the following lines:
- To access the moving directory, type appdata% and press Enter or press OK.
- To access the local directory, enter% localappdata% and press Enter or press OK.
Disable antivirus software
The reason why this error may continue to appear is because the antivirus software installed on your computer intervenes. There are several options that can help protect your computer by also tracking the various applications running and the types of resources used.
With this solution, you will have to examine yourself and see if your antivirus has any settings that can provide these services. Also, be sure to add Sims 4 as an exception to prevent all these problems.
If the problem cannot be solved, you can turn off the antivirus completely. After disconnecting it, restart your computer and see if you can easily access websites.
Remove the crash report files from the Sims 4 folder
In this case you must first delete two files, namely lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt. The lastexception.txt files are created when the game code contains an error. When this error occurs, the game does not fly out, it just means that something unexpected has happened during the game. lastcrash.txt files are created when the game crashes and are used to diagnose game failures.
- Browse to the folder C: \ Users \ YOU \ Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4.
- Find and delete the files lastCrash.txt and lastException.txt.
- Make sure that Sims 4 does not start the problem.
Run Sims 4 in Compatibility Mode
Another thing we can try before moving on to other technical solutions is to run Sims in compatibility mode with other versions of Windows. There have been numerous reports that running the game in compatibility mode has immediately fixed the problem. In Compatibility Mode, the game runs with the settings and configurations of an earlier version of the operating system instead of the latest version installed on your computer.
- Right-click on the Sims 4 application and select Properties.
- In the Properties, select Compatibility. Enable the option Run this program in compatibility mode for and select another operating system. It is preferable to choose Windows 8 or 7.
- Click Apply to save your changes and exit. Now fully reboot your computer and see if the problem is solved.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.