RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Total War: WARHAMMER II continues to crash while you are in the middle of the game? You are not alone! Many players report this. But the good news is that you can fix it. Discover the following solutions.
The game crashes when you try to run the Windows version with Steam Play. The game works without any problem with the Lutris script. It seems that the Steam version of Wine/Proton lacks the libraries the game wants to find, while the Lutris version of Wine/Proton installs them by default.
Please ignore the fact that there is a special version for the Linux platform. The problem is that multiplayer does not exist on Linux, and most people would prefer to use the Windows version on Linux to play multiplayer on Windows, because that is where the player base is.
Make sure you meet the minimum system requirements.
To run Total War: WARHAMMER II correctly, you must check that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, otherwise you will have to play the game on another computer.
Here is the minimum system requirements for Total War: WARHAMMER II:
Operating system: Windows 7 64Bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 2 Duo 3.0Ghz
Reminder: 5 GB of RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 460 1GB | AMD Radeon HD 5770 1GB | Intel HD4000 @720p
DirectX: Version 11
Storage: 60 GB of available storage space
Check the integrity of your game files.
The Total War: WARHAMMER II crash problem occurs when a particular game file is corrupted or missing. Try checking the integrity of your game files on Steam to see if this is the cause of your problem. Here’s how to do it:
1) Launch the Steam client.
2) Click on LIBRARY.
3) Right-click on Total War: WARHAMMER II and select Properties.
4) Click on the Local Files tab, then click on CHECK PLAY FILES INTEGRITY.
5) Wait for Steam to automatically detect and repair damaged game files.
Installing another video card driver
Some users say that upgrading their driver to the latest version has solved their crash problem. Others say that installing an older driver has solved the problem. It all depends on your scenario. If you have recently updated your driver and this problem has occurred, be sure to install an older driver until the problem is resolved. However, if you haven’t updated your driver for some time, make sure you install the latest version!
Disable the Blood for the Blood God DLC Until a Patch is Released
Users have reported problems with the Blood for the Blood God DLC for the game. Disabling your steam system is a good way to solve the problem and locate the cause. If the crash does not occur after disabling this DLC, you will have to wait for the developers to release a patch!
- Open Steam by double-clicking on its shortcut on the desktop. You can also simply search for it by clicking on the Start Menu button and typing “Steam”. Left-click on the first result that appears on the screen.
- Once Steam is open, navigate to the Library tab inside and find Total War: Warhammer II in the list on the left side of the window. Right-click and select Properties from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Navigate to the DLC tab inside and uncheck the Enabled box next to the Blood for the Blood God entry in the list. Click on the Close button, right-click on Total War: Warhammer II in the list of games and select Play Game from the context menu. Check if the accident continues!
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.