Updated May 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
The Hulu subscription streaming service allows you to add up to six profiles to a single account. The primary profile is that of the account holder.
Although the service’s user interface is fairly intuitive, errors often occur. For profiles, a common error message is “An error occurred while changing the profile“.
Note that the aforementioned profile-related error also occurs if only one main profile is associated with a given subscription. It can also occur on all devices that support the Hulu service.
What causes the “We Encountered an Error When Switching Profiles” error?
- Blocked or locked account
- Cached data related to Hulu
- A conflict caused by activated devices
- The Facebook account is linked to an old Hulu account.
How to fix the ‘We encountered an error when switching profiles’ error message?
Check on Windows Update
- Right-click on the Start menu and select Settings.
- In the Settings window, select Update and security.
- Under Windows Update, click Check for Updates to check for new updates.
- Windows will then check for available updates. Simply follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
- Reboot your computer after installing the latest Windows updates.
Updating Hulu on Android
- Open the Google Play store.
- Go to Menu -> My apps and games -> Hulu -> Update.
Uninstall and reinstall Hulu
- Simply uninstall the Hulu app from your device and reinstall it.
- Then run Hulu and see if the “Profile Switching Error Occurred” issue has been resolved.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hover your mouse over your profile in the top right corner of the page and click on Manage Profiles.
- Click the pencil icon next to the profile you want to change.
- Make your changes as needed.
- Click Save Changes.
- Blocked or locked account.
- Cached data related to Hulu.
- A conflict caused by activated devices.
- A Facebook account is linked to an old Hulu account.
- Hover your mouse over the name in the upper right corner of the page.
- Select the profile you want to switch to from the list of available options.