RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Does a left mouse click work like a right click? How can I change the mouse to left-handed mode in Windows 10? By default, Windows sets the left mouse button as the primary key used for selecting and dragging. If your system displays the context menu when you click on a desktop item with the left mouse button, the main key will probably change to the right mouse button. In this tutorial, we will show you 3 simple ways to change the functions of the left and right mouse buttons in Windows 10.
Switch Left and Right Mouse Button Functions from Settings App
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings application and click Devices.
- Select the Mouse tab on the left. On the right, you can select Left or Right from the drop-down list of the Select Your Primary button.
- When you are finished, close the Settings application. This change will take effect immediately.
Switch Left and Right Mouse Button Using Control Panel
1] Go to the start menu
2] Search for a control panel
3] Once you are in the control panel, click on Hardware and Sound.
4] Click the mouse under Device and Printer
5] In the Mouse Properties window, check the Change primary and secondary buttons check box.
6] Click “OK” to save the changes.
Done, the primary selection button of your mouse is now the right button, and the secondary button (commonly called right click) is the left button.
Exchanging Mouse Buttons via the Registry Editor
- Launch the Run dialog box from the Start menu. Type regedit and press Enter.
- Paste the location below into the address bar of the registry editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
- Now scroll down and double-click the SwapMouseButton file.
- Enter 1 in the Value data field and click OK to confirm.
This exchanges the functionality of the mouse buttons. If you want to undo the changes at any time, simply replace 1 with 0 in the Value data field. This concludes this tutorial. Which method will you finally choose? Please let us know in the “Comments” section below.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.