Last Updated on February 7, 2022
Updated July 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
DirecTV is a direct-to-home satellite service that allows its subscribers to enjoy their favorite television programs and is a good alternative to cable television. The company is a subsidiary of AT&T and offers its customers several competitive channel packages.
While it is a solid platform, some issues can arise. In this final part of our troubleshooting series, we’ll look at DirecTV’s error code 775.
What causes a DIRECTV 775 error code?
- Sometimes your satellite dish is malfunctioning, and you may see this error message on your TV screen.
- Another reason for this problem may be the satellite dish mismatch, which is a common cause.
- Error code 775 can appear if there is poor contact between the Directv and the antenna or if the power plug is unconnected.
How to clear a DIRECTV error with error code 775?
Inspect the Swim Power Inserter
- Unplug the Swim Power Inserter from the power outlet.
- Wait about 30 seconds, then reconnect the Swim Power Inserter to the power outlet and turn it back on.
- Turn the DirecTV back on and make sure the 775 error is gone.
Then unplug from the outlet and reconnect the cables
- Unplug each cable that goes into the DirectTV set-top box, including the main cable.
- Reconnect the cables and check if the DirecTV 775 error code has disappeared.
Check all loose connections on the DirecTV receiver
- Go to the back of the DirecTV receiver and check any loose cables.
- Check to see if any connectors on the back of the DirecTV receiver are loose or in the wrong position. You can start with the satellite input or the SAT input.
- Make sure that each connector on the back of the DirecTV receiver is properly and securely connected.
- Now you can turn the DirecTV back on and see if the error code 775 has disappeared.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here