Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
It’s painful to see the 0xC00D3E8E error occur when moving a file from one location to another on a Windows 10 computer. There can be several reasons for this error, and they’re hard to guess – but the main reason is a metadata error. We offer two fixes that will allow you to change the media file’s metadata.
What causes the error 0XC00D3E8E?
- The Video file is locked
- A corrupted system file
- Problematic video metadata
- Video file contains tag restrictions
- The Video media field is write protected
- The operating system is NOT suitable for .MOV files
How to resolve the 0XC00D3E8E error
Launch the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Go to the top
- In the search box, type Troubleshooter
- Click Troubleshooter
- Click View All in the left pane
- Select Windows Update
- Click Next to start Windows Update Troubleshooting, then follow the instructions on the screen.
Run System Restore in Safe Mode
- Turn your computer off and then turn it back on.
- Navigate to the Run in Safe Mode option and press Enter.
- Go to the Start menu -> Type System Restore and press Enter.
- Follow the prompts to return to a specific restore point.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reboot.
Start the automatic repair
- Insert the Windows bootable installation DVD, then reboot your computer.
- Press any key to boot from the CD or DVD when prompted to continue.
- Select the language setting and click Next.
- Click Restore Computer in the lower-left corner.
- At the ‘Select an Option’ screen, click Troubleshoot -> Advanced Option -> Automatic Repair or Boot Time Repair.
- Then wait for the automatic repair/restore Windows boot process to complete.
- Reboot your computer and start Windows.
Recovering the operating system
- Go to the Start menu -> enter Settings -> start Settings.
- Go to the Update and Security menu.
- Select the Restore tab.
- Click the First Steps button under the Return to Windows 7/8/8.1 option.
- Follow the prompts to complete the downgrade.