Last Updated on February 17, 2022
Updated June 2022: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Hulu has several error codes for errors that can occur when using the streaming service. Hulu Playback Failure error code 5005 is one of these error codes.
This error occurs when some users try to play Hulu videos. It is a similar playback error that prompts you to check your Internet connection.
What causes Hulu playback error code 5005?
Hulu playback error code 5005 is a playback error that many users have been encountering lately. It means that there is a problem when you try to play video content in the Hulu app. It could be a problem with your streaming device or Internet connection. In some cases, there is also a problem with the Hulu app.
How to resolve the Hulu playback failure error code 5005?
Turn off your device
- This method requires you to turn off and unplug the router and streaming device for 40-60 seconds.
- Then reconnect the router and streaming device and check if the error code 5005 persists on Hulu.
Delete cookies and clear the cache
- Open your browser and click the three buttons in the upper right corner.
- Go to Advanced Tools -> Clear Browsing Data…
- Select the time range on All-Time and click Clear Data to clear the cache and cookies that are corrupted.
Updating Google Chrome
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click the Action button (the icon with the three dots) in the upper right corner.
- Go to Help -> About Google Chrome.
- Chrome will run a scan to see if a new version is available.
- You’ll be prompted to install the new update if it’s available.
- You’ll need to restart your Chrome browser.
Updating Mozilla Firefox
- Start Firefox.
- Click the Action button in the upper right corner.
- Go to Help -> About Firefox.
- Click Restart to update Firefox (if a new version is available) and wait for the process to complete.
- Click Yes to grant administrative rights when prompted by User Account Control (UAC).
- After installing the update, you must restart Firefox.
Expert Tip: This repair tool scans the repositories and replaces corrupt or missing files if none of these methods have worked. It works well in most cases where the problem is due to system corruption. This tool will also optimize your system to maximize performance. It can be downloaded by Clicking Here
Frequently Asked Questions
You may get this error code if you are using an outdated version of Hulu app. Another reason that can cause this error is a problem with the Hulu server. In this case, all you have to do is wait for the Hulu technicians to fix the error.
- Check the Hulu servers.
- Check your network connection.
- Restart the Hulu app.
- Reboot your device.
- Turn off your VPN.
- Update the Hulu app.
- Update your device.
- Reinstall Hulu.
Hulu playback errors occur when your device app cannot communicate with the Hulu servers, or when the Hulu servers cannot provide a video stream. Make sure your Internet connection is fast enough to stream.