Update: Stop getting error messages and slow down your system with our optimization tool. Get it now at this link
Malware today comes in all shapes and sizes. It is very easy for cybercriminals to attack your Windows computers with such malware. There are many modern anti-virus programs on the market that can remove malicious files from your system. Four Virus is one of the most popular and dangerous browser hijacker viruses that claims your system is corrupted. It appears with a pop-up message that says, “Your system has been seriously corrupted by Four Virus.” This message appears when you try to access harmful and banned websites, such as online gaming sites or torrent sites.
Four Virus is a fake warning message indicating that your system is seriously damaged. Moreover, you may see this warning message on multiple platforms, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. You need to fix the problem before it damages your system. There are several ways to get rid of Four viruses from your PC. Four Virus is one of the biggest scam viruses. Victims are more likely to continue if they see that their passwords and other data may be stolen.
Why do I get the error message “Your system has been seriously damaged by the Four Virus”?
Over time, virus developers have become more innovative, and their targeting has shifted from computers to smartphones. One of the innovations created by these scammers in the mobile sphere is the Four Virus. This browser hijacker displays a message that your system has been seriously damaged by the Four Virus and tries to convince you that you need software to disinfect your system.
This hijacker cannot attack your personal information or steal your card data, but it will display some ads, pop-ups or open a new tab. Thus, it is able to disrupt your browser activity. But this browser hijacker can trick you into installing Trojans or other similar viruses, misleading you. To rid your device of Four Virus, follow our guide. Read each method carefully to protect your device from any type of virus.
How to eliminate the error message “Your system is seriously damaged by Four Virus”?
Remove Four Virus from your browser
- Go to Settings -> Applications -> Apps.
- Find Browser and tap to open it.
- Tap Memory.
- Tap CLEAR DATA.
- Tap the CLEAR CACHE button.
- Go to Settings -> Safari.
- Tap Clear history and website data.
Change the APP permission on Android
- Go to Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Other Settings.
- Make sure that the Download apps from the external sources checkbox are unchecked and the Check apps from the external sources checkbox are checked.
Uninstall the app from your cell phone
- Go to Settings > Apps > Apps.
- Find Locate Four Virus and click it.
- Click Uninstall.
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Find Locate Four Virus and press Enter.
- Tap Uninstall app.
Frequently Asked Questions
A pop-up window claiming that your computer has been scanned and traces of a virus have been found will alert anyone. However, if it comes from a company or program other than your own security program, or if it has a different format than you're used to, you should be wary because it's probably a scam.
- Download and install a third-party antivirus program.
- Disconnect from the Internet to avoid further adware interference.
- Reboot your computer.
- Delete all temporary files with Disk Cleanup.
- Run a direct scan in your antivirus program.
- If adware is found, delete the file or quarantine it.
The FTC recommends closing your browser if you see any of the warning signs of a rogue program or suspect something is wrong. Don't click "No," "Cancel" or "x" in the upper right corner of the screen. Some scare programs are designed so that any of these buttons can activate the program.