RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Like many Internet users, I’ve been addicted to YouTube lately. My subscriptions are so out of control that scrolling no longer works, I have to search for them. But when you watch a lot of YouTube videos, you start experiencing problems pretty quickly. We reported improved YouTube buffering, performance and speed. Today, we’ll talk about browser extensions and quick settings for Chrome to enhance your YouTube experience.
Improve streaming and the YouTube experience
The size of YouTube sometimes seems incomprehensible and with something of this size, it goes wrong. So here are some extensions (they are available for most modern browsers, but I used Chrome for my tests) that radically improved my YouTube experience.
SmartVideo to enhance YouTube
Use SmartVideo to enhance the experience. SmartVideo (Chrome, Firefox, a few things you can do with it. From there, you can include videos not only on YouTube but also on other websites.
- Autostamp: You can start buffering as soon as the page loads, reducing waiting time. If you have a fast connection, you can also play videos automatically. There are many possibilities for buffering. SmartVideo can start playback after buffering a certain percentage.
- Buffer further: One of the best features of SmartVideo is that it always buffers YouTube videos even if you pause it. After an update some time ago, YouTube videos were only buffered for a few seconds when they were paused, no matter how long you paused them. SmartVideo brings back this popular feature, so while you go to the kitchen to make popcorn, the video is loaded and ready for you.
- Video quality: Another great feature that previously required a different extension. You can set a default resolution to play all YouTube videos. This is again something very useful since YouTube sometimes uploaded videos at 240p or even (wasteful!) 144p when there was a lot of bandwidth available.
Bonus Extensions :
These two extensions in conjunction with the above enhancements will greatly enhance your YouTube experience, but here are some other extensions you should try.
- Lyrics Here by Rob W (Chrome, Firefox) shows you YouTube Music Videos lyrics in the same windows.
- YouTube Smart Pause (Chrome, Firefox) interrupts your video when you switch to another tab or when the current tab becomes inactive.
- Turn off the light (Chrome, Firefox) and hide everything on the page except the video, which gives you a real cinematic feeling.
After testing some different extensions, I found that they worked better (the YouTube options weren’t up to the fashion).
Take a look at these YouTube for Chrome enhancements to improve your viewing experience.
Did I miss anything? Feel free to share your YouTube workflow in the comments below.