RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft has just released the Windows 10 KB4497093 update for preview ring devices that already use version 1903, updated in May 2019, to solve several problems.
KB4497093 finds the version number to create 18362.86 and, according to the company, fixes the problem that prevents Tester from building 18362.53 to install the latest 20H1 update.
The quality update also provides improvements for users in Japan or using the operating system in Japan, including corrections for the Japanese IME and corrections for date and time issues.
Fix a problem where Microsoft Store VPN plug-in applications may not be able to send packets correctly via a VPN tunnel established in a pure IPv6 network.
Finally, the update KB4497093 solves the problem that the update to Windows 10 Build 18362 with error 0x80242016 cannot be installed.
Windows insiders on build 18362.53 who could not update for build 18875 must install build 18362.86 (KB4497093) *FIRST* before they can get the build of the day. Version 18362.86 includes the correction required to update the latest versions 20H1 of version 18362.53. If you are already on the 18875 construction, this construction should pass normally.
Improvements and corrections
Some of the most important changes are:
- Fixed a problem that prevented an input method editor (IME) from supporting the new Japanese character of the time. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Enables Text-to-Speech (TTS) functionality to support the new Japanese characters of the time. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fix a problem that can prevent plug-in applications for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) Virtual Private Network (VPN) from correctly sending packets through a VPN tunnel established on a pure IPv6 network.
- Fix a problem that can cause the incorrect display of embedded objects by OLE server applications (Compound Document) when you use the PatBlt API to place embedded objects in the Windows metafile (WMF).
- Fixed a problem with end-user defined characters (EUDC) to meet Chinese GB18030 compliance requirements.
KB4497093 Known Issues
KB4497093 is also delivered with its own numbers. The patch seems to be a little buggy compared to the last cumulative updates. Many Windows 10 insiders have reported bugs in the Green Screen of Death (GSOD) after the upgrade process began.
In addition, other users reported that they also received warnings such as “This PC cannot be upgraded to Windows 10”.
Download Windows 10 Build 18362.86
The latest version of Windows 10 Build 18362 is automatically downloaded and installed via a Windows update on devices registered for Windows Insider builds. Or, you can manually check for updates from Windows Settings and Update and Security to install Windows 10 Build 18362 directly on your PC.
To update, go to Settings> Update and Security> Windows Update> Check for updates, wait for automatic download and installation.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.