RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft released the missing cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1809 on May 1, 2019. The company has released two cumulative updates for all versions of Windows 10 that it still supports each month.
One is released on the second Tuesday of the month, and the other is released later, focusing mainly on issues. The first update fixes security issues and fixes bugs, the second only fixes bugs.
The second cumulative update of the latest version of Windows 10 is regularly reported. Microsoft has already released updates for previous versions of Windows 10 – Windows 10 version 1607 to 1803 – last week.
Although the company never mentioned why updates to the current version are delayed, it is likely that the poor quality of Windows 1809 version 10 is a factor.
The company says that KB4501835 is mainly focused on quality improvement.
Improvements and corrections
This update includes quality improvements. Some of the most important changes are:
- Fixed a problem that prevented the CALDATETIME structure from dealing with more than four Japanese periods. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Updating the ANS registry to reflect the new Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fixed a problem where the DateTimePicker displays the date incorrectly in the Japanese date format. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fix a problem where setting the date and time controls the cache of old break-ins and prevents the control from being updated when the time enters the new Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Font updates to support the new Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fixed a problem that prevented an input method editor (IME) from supporting the new Japanese character of the time. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fixed a problem where the Flyout control of the clock and calendar displays the day of the week incorrectly associated with a date of the month of the new Japanese era. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Adds alternative fonts for new Japanese Era fonts. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Enables Text-to-Speech (TTS) functionality to support the new Japanese characters of the time. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Fix a problem in the Unified Writing Filter (UWF) that prevents Hibernate Once/Resume Many (HORM) from working as expected on UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) systems.
How to download and install KB4501835 for Windows 10, 1809
Before receiving the latest cumulative updates for KB4501835, we recommend that you install the latest SSU. This will improve the performance of the upgrade process to minimize potential problems and also help avoid potential installation problems.
As this is a cumulative update, you should receive it automatically in the next few days. Or, if you want to stay up to date, you can search for it manually by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and checking for updates. You can also download and install the update manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog.
Also remember that if you have problems with this update or any other cumulative update for Windows 10, you can reset it. To learn more about this, read our article: To uninstall a cumulative update of Windows 10.
I recommended that you wait to install the cumulative updates that were released after the security updates of a given month, unless you are affected by one of the problems they fix and do not want to wait until the following Tuesday’s fix to fix these problems.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.