RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Microsoft now introduces Windows 10 Build 18346 for devices registered in the Windows Insider program’s fast ring. This is the 25th preview made available to testers as part of the 19H1 development, and it makes several improvements.
Windows 10 Build 18346, according to the company, is a small update that does not contain new features, but fixes for Bluetooth, Settings, PowerShell, Input, Search Interface and Narrator.
As with all previous versions, there are known problems here, and one of the most important is that games with anti-cheat software can lead to a green screen of death. Microsoft says it is investigating this problem, and that’s why it has not yet published an overview of Windows 10 19H1 for slow-ring.
The Slow-Ring is still running on Windows 10 version 1809 (updated October 2018), but once Microsoft has fixed this bug, an overview of the April 2018 update should also be delivered.
Another known problem you should be aware of is the Creative X-Fi sound cards, which, according to Microsoft, do not work properly. “We are working with Creative to solve the problem,” says the software giant.
- Starting games that use anti-cheat software can trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards do not work properly. We are working with Creative to solve this problem.
- Please note that although we have improved the reliability of the night lighting on this flight, we continue to investigate reported problems in this area.
- Display calibration scenarios may lack monitors in the integrated color management application. To work around this problem, please use the Application Settings to select a color profile on the Display Settings page.
- Some Realtek SD card readers do not work properly. We are investigating the problem.
- When you try to navigate to the Narrator settings in the Windows Test Environment, the Settings application crashes.
- The color of the mouse pointer may be set incorrectly to white after disconnection and rewriting.
- We are investigating reports about the Chinese version of several games that do not work.
- If you install one of the latest versions of the fast ring and switch to the slow ring, optional content such as activating the developer mode will fail. You must stay in the quick ring to add, install and activate the optional content. This is due to the fact that the optional content is only installed on builds that are allowed for some rings.
Issues known to developers
If you install one of the latest versions of the fast ring and switch to the slow ring, optional content such as activating the developer mode will fail. You must stay in the quick ring to add, install and activate the optional content. This is due to the fact that the optional content is only installed on builds that are allowed for some rings.
But there are also improvements that will be made with this update.
Changes, improvements and general corrections for the PC
The last flight, Build 18346, does not offer much to celebrate, but as always there are a number of changes, improvements and corrections.
- Fixed an issue where the Bluetooth hands-free driver was blocked.
- Fixed an issue where some insiders could not access the Quests section of the feedback hub.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the settings to crash when you clicked on the “Select Insider Settings” button in Windows Insiders Program Settings.
- Fixed a problem where the PowerShell.GetType method unexpectedly returned the error “Outlineoutput : The method or operation is not implemented”.
- Fixed an issue where in some languages, if you pressed WIN+V before choosing the clipboard, the clipboard interface was truncated.
- Fixed a problem with the new Adlam keyboard that prevented the entry of some common words.
- Fixed an issue where the touch keyboard automatically capitalized each word when entering Vietnamese in some applications.
- Fixed an issue where when activating user-friendly data in the File Explorer in some languages (e. g. Japanese and Chinese), insiders could see the wrong daytime name.
- Fixed a problem that could cause an unexpected and non-functional problem
- Fixed an issue that could cause the text in the taskbar search box to turn black on a black background.
- Fixed an issue where the Start menu crashes when voice output is used to navigate through folders captured in Start.
Comment below if you have any problems other than those mentioned in this article. Have you found a solution?
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.