RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
floppy disk drives. There are also some BIOS hacks like Enabling Quick Post, Disabling Boot Delay, etc. but it is better to do without them.
4) Change Seed order. Normally the BIOS is started first from a floppy disk, then from a CD and then from a hard disk. Change the start order to be: The hard drive first, then maybe the CD/Floppy, could shave for a second.
5) Disable Windows start/stop/logoff/logoff/logoff sounds. Open Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Sound Tab. Under Program Events, select’No Sound’ for these events.
6) Disable the screen saver if you do not need it. Right-click your Windows 8 desktop > Customize > Screensaver > None > OK.
- take time to load. Removing some can save resources. But you must be careful when deciding which fonts to delete. Removing some system fonts can cause problems.
8) To really shorten your downtime , open Regedit and navigate to the next button :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SYSTEM / CurrentControlSet / Controller
Click the control folder. Select WaitToKillServiceServiceTimeout Right-click it and choose Edit. The default value, I think, is 20000, so setting it to less than 4 digits (for example 5000) will speed up your PC shutdown, but you might lose data or damage your hard drive , so use this setting wisely. Remember that Windows does not recognize a 3-digit number here.
9) Uninstall some additional built-in programs installed by Windows that you are not using. You may not be using games, meeting rooms, fax machines, etc. Open the programs and functions in the control panel > Activate or deactivate the Windows functions and perform the necessary steps. But wait, before you hurry, be a little careful here! For example, you can turn off the Tablet PC components, and so on. –
Disabling Aero will NOT really improve performance under Windows 7.
11) Windows may boot or shut down shortly after installation due to’OOBE’ (Out Of Box Experience), but this should disappear after a few restarts. Also remember that your Windows machine will run a little faster after the first few weeks after installing the operating system, thanks to the new SuperFetch feature, which essentially examines programs the user runs frequently and automatically loads them into memory.
12) You can also try Soluto, which allows Windows to boot faster.
Ryan Wieser, a performance enthusiast from the United States, added some of his own :
8.3 Disable file naming
The NFTS file system is configured to automatically create a short file name for each file that is considered a long file name under Windows. This is done to make files compatible with legacy 16-bit applications. Microsoft recognizes that creating 8.3 file names can affect the performance of your file system. To disable 8.3 file names for future files, you must open regedit and browse : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control FileSystem and find the DWORD NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation and set its value to 1 To disable 8.3 existing file names, you must open a command prompt and set the fsutil.exe behavior to disable8dot3 1. Microsoft source.
When you use Windows Media Center in Windows Vista, a background process named ehtray.exe is automatically added to start for the first time. This start input cannot simply be disabled or deleted in msconfig.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance