RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
If you have problems using OneDrive on your Windows 8.1/7 computer, you should download and use the OneDrive Troubleshooter. If you can’t connect to OneDrive, can’t synchronize files and other such problems occur when using OneDrive, then this article will interest you.
OneDrive Troubleshooter is a tool that can automatically find and solve these common problems with OneDrive on Windows:
- Unable to connect to OneDrive
- Files or folders are not downloaded from your Windows PC to OneDrive
- OneDrive files or folders are missing on your PC
- OneDrive does not appear in the left area of the file-
- OneDrive does not appear in the left area of the file.
- OneDrive icon does not appear in the notification area
- OneDrive Sync Engine process does not appear in the Task Manager
- You receive an error message You are not allowed to record at this location. Contact the administrator for approval.
If any of these problems occur, perform OneDrive troubleshooting. You must be an administrator to run it. You can also use this troubleshooting if you experience synchronization problems in OneDrive for Windows.
When you start Troubleshooting, it will check various OneDrive settings, including:
- Do you use a Microsoft account?
- Is OneDrive off?
- Does OnDrive need to be updated?
- Doesn’t OneDrive allow group policy settings?
I suggest you uncheck the Apply repairs automatically box under Advanced so that you can see and correct the detected problem.
After you finish troubleshooting, you can see Reset OneDrive all your files. You can also send diagnostic data to Microsoft. If necessary, you can also save a log file on your desktop, which you can then make available to Microsoft support.
You can download the Microsoft OneDrive Troubleshooter. This troubleshooting does not work under Windows 10
Windows 10 users can reset OneDrive and see if it helps.
You may also be interested in these links:
- Tips for backing up the OneDrive account
- OneDrive Sync Problems & Problems
- Make Windows documents save locally, instead of OneDrive.