RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
There may be an instance where you can see that fonts and images on your desktop are stretched vertically or horizontally. The stretched desktop screen makes the font appear larger and unclear, so it adapts the entire screen content to the screen. This distorts the entire screen and makes it difficult to read the contents of the desktop. It should also be mentioned that the desktop screen looks tense when the desktop pixels are irregular and broken, which stretches the image horizontally or vertically. The problem with the stretched display can be caused either by an incorrect configuration of the screen resolution, which is usually caused by a few random keys, or by the use of some defective graphics drivers. In this article, we discuss some solutions to solve the problem.
Screen stretching problem under Windows 10
Restoring the recommended pixel display
- Right-click the desktop and click Display settings in the context menu.
- On the Settings page under Customize Display, go to Advanced Display Settings
- Under option Resolution, make sure that the pixel resolution is set to the recommended value. If this is not the case, change the resolution to the recommended value in the drop-down menu.
- Also note that any pixel resolution set to less than 1260*768 will distort the image.
- Click Ok to apply the settings.
- Restart the system.
If the problem persists, you must update or uninstall the video driver to resolve the problem.
Update the video card driver
Update the video driver and check if the problem is not solved.
Uninstalling the video card driver
You may need to uninstall it and then install the driver. To do this, open the Run window by pressing Windows + R.
Enter the program name devmgmt.msc and click OK
Click Display Adapter and expand it. Now find the graphics card and right-click it.
From the drop-down menu, click Uninstall Device.
Check option Remove driver for this device and click OK.
Restart the system and let the system reinstall the driver.
Let us know if it has helped you.