RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
DirectX is the technology used by almost every task you perform on a computer system. Microsoft DirectX plays a very important role, from multimedia to games. When you try to execute a game or other action, you are usually asked for DirectX errors, one of which is known to be a DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE error.
DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE means that the resource or request is currently unavailable, but may become unavailable later. This may interfere with your game or application, so it is best to solve the problem.
Causes of the Error DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE
- There is a problem with your video driver. You may have an obsolete video driver or it does not work properly.
- You are using a DVI cable.
- Your DirectX is not updated. In some cases, your DirectX is damaged or some components are missing, causing the error.
- The refresh rate of your screen is not compatible with the game you are using.
- The resolution of your screen is not compatible with your program.
How to fix the DXGI_ERROR_NOT_CURRENTLY_AVAILABLE error
Update your Graphics Drivers
Your error may be due to the fact that your graphics driver has not been updated. It is ideal to update your video driver and see if it fixes the bug. If you are using a Nvidia video driver, go to the Nvidia video driver download page to get the latest driver for your GPU. If you are using AMD Radeon, also go to the AMD Radeon Graphics driver download page to download the latest driver. After downloading, you must install the driver and restart your computer.
Changing the Refresh Rate of your Display Device
It is advisable to use the 60 Hz refresh rate, but if your monitor supports higher refresh rates, you can use higher frequencies.
- Open the Start menu, enter Settings and click on the first selection that appears.
- Then click on System.
- Click View, then click Advanced Display Settings.
- A new window opens.
- Then click Display Adapter Properties for Screen 1 (if you do not have multiple screens, the main display device on your system is 1).
- Then go to the Monitor tab.
- Under Monitor Settings, you will see the Display Refresh Rate label and, below it, the display rate at which your display device is set. Change the frequency to 60 Hz (higher if your monitor supports it) and close the window.
Reinstalling New Video Drivers
- Download the latest version of Display Driver Uninstaller.
- The tool will be downloaded as a 7zip archive. Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it.
- You will now be prompted to extract the tool. Select the extraction location and click on Extract.
- Once the tool is extracted, double-click the Display Driver Uninstaller icon to launch it.
- Select Safe Mode from the Startup Options menu.
- Click on the Restart button.
- Select one of the three buttons on the left. You can clean and restart, clean and stop or clean the driver without restarting the system.
- After selecting the desired option, wait for the display driver uninstaller to remove the driver.
- Then install new clean video drivers.
- Reinstall DirectX.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.