RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The Outlook 0x800408FC error occurs when the mail server to which you want to connect cannot be found on the network. The “0x800408FC” error when sending and receiving Outlook can occur in any version of Outlook (2003, 2007, 2010 or 2013) and usually occurs suddenly and without changing the Outlook program or network settings.
The error 0x800408FC often occurs if you have incorrectly specified mail servers (incoming or outgoing) in Outlook mail settings. In this case, Outlook will inform you that “the server name you entered cannot be found on the network (it may have temporarily failed). Please check if you are online and if the server name is correct”.
This Microsoft Outlook error can be caused by the corrupted Outlook profile, it can try to solve this problem by simply creating a new profile. If you try to send or receive the e-mail in Outlook, you receive the following error message
0x800408fc: Outlook data file cannot be accessed (or)
0x800408fc: An operation failed, the object could not be found.
Disable the Windows firewall.
- Go to the Control Panel and click on Windows Firewall.
- Click Enable or disable the Windows firewall.
- Click Disable Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each active network connection.
Create a new Outlook profile
- Open the system and go to the Start menu.
- In the Start menu, the search field enters the control panel and clicks on it.
- Then open the control panel and change the category icon to small icons in the upper right corner.
- Then, you automatically change the small icons.
- Then click on Mail or Mail (32 bits).
- Then open the new window.
- Then click on the Add button and open the new profile window and enter the name of the profile in the desired location.
- Then open the Add New Email Account window and fill in all the details after clicking the Next button.
- The profile is then created. Finally, Outlook successfully performed a new profiling after clicking on Finish.
Cleaning system files
- Press the Windows key and the “R” key simultaneously to open the Run command window.
- Now enter the command “cleanmgr” without quotation marks.
- Then select the disk partition from the pop-up menu in the pop-up window and click the OK button.
- Once the search for unnecessary data is complete, select the items in the list, except for the Recycle Bin.
- Click on the “OK” button and wait until the process is completed.
Please leave a comment in the comments section below or better yet: enjoy and share this blog post on social networks to spread the word about this solution.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance