RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Fallout 76 is a popular RPG developed by Bethesda Game Studios and available for Windows 10, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It is a fairly successful game, selling more than 1.8 million copies in 2018. While it’s a solid game, there may be some issues that we’ll be addressing in some cases. Today. In this latest installment of our troubleshooting series, we’re going to talk about Fallout 76 getting stuck when the screen loads.
If you’ve recently downloaded and installed Fallout 76, but you’re having trouble starting or loading it.
This can be very frustrating. That’s why we’ve created a troubleshooting guide to help you identify the error. However, before delving into this guide, it is important to contact Bethesda.
Edit the game configuration file
It is possible to edit the game’s configuration file, which will actually break the frame rate, and hopefully the game will no longer freeze on the loading screen if players decide to change servers. However, this method has the undesirable side effect of stuttering images, which can be fixed by enabling V-Sync for games.
- Navigate to the folder location in Explorer by simply opening the folder and clicking “This PC” or “My Computer” in the left navigation bar or by looking for this entry in the Start menu.
- On this PC or My Computer, double-click your local hard drive and select “Users” >> “Your Account Name” >> “Documents” >> “My Games” >> Fallout 76. Windows 10 users can simply navigate to “Documents” after opening it. Explorer proper navigation menu.
- Right-click the file named “Fallout76Prefs.ini” and open it in Notepad.
- Use the Ctrl + F shortcut or click “Edit” on the top menu and select “Find” from the drop-down menu to open the search window.
- Enter “iPresentInterval” in the field and change the value next to 1 to 0. Use Ctrl + S to save your changes, or click File >> Save and exit the editor.
- Try running the game again to see if Fallout 76 has a screen loading problem while playing!
Check the game files.
In this case, the first thing to do is to make sure that the game files are not corrupted or missing. If you got the game from Steam, follow these steps.
- Launch Steam by double-clicking its icon on the desktop.
- Click the “Library” tab in the Steam window by pointing to the “Library” tab at the top of the window and finding Fallout 76 in the list of games that are in your library.
- Right-click the entry and select “Properties.” Click the Local Files tab and click Verify the integrity of the game files.
- Wait for the tool to confirm the game, and you’ll probably see that some files have been downloaded.
- Restart the game
You might ask, why are you contacting Bethesda? It’s unlikely that the final product of Fallout 76 was released with any problems that may have prevented the game from loading. That’s why it’s important to report any bugs or problems for comment.
By getting this information, they can help you fix the problem and possibly publish a fix to help others.
Bethesda is the mastermind behind insanely historic single-player games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and 4. Now they’re back with Fallout 76. An attempt at a side experience online for you and your fellow survivors.
Before you contact them, be sure to give them detailed information about your hardware specs, a description of the crashing load, etc. Д.
If you don’t hear from them, give them time. You can also contact Bethesda on their social media sites as well as online forum groups.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.