RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Unexpected crashes and the inability to enter the game easily spoil the mood. What to do if you encounter Fortnite upload error 20006. Should you panic, reinstall everything, or start the VPN? No, the solutions are much simpler.
As in many other cases, the anti-cheat is to blame. Or rather, not himself, but something that for some reason does not turn on. Therefore, Battle Royale does not want to leave you on the server so that you do not activate cheats.
But fixing error 20006 in Fortnite is very easy. Follow these steps.
“Couldn’t start the game. Error code: 20006 (Cannot create service (StartService failed: 193))”
What is EasyAntiCheat?
According to their website, Easy Anti-Cheat is an anti-cheat service that fights against fraud and hacking in multiplayer PC games. For this, “hybrid anti-cheating mechanisms” are used.
Client-side and server-side scanning is used to quickly identify various threats and hacking techniques.
The top two causes of Fortnite error code 20006
Why am I seeing error code 20006? There are two main culprits:
- The EasyAntiCheat service is missing, defective, outdated, or responding on your computer.
- Some game files are damaged or missing.
EasyAntiCheat service repair
As mentioned earlier, EasyAntiCheat software may contain bugs. The easiest way to find out if a service is having problems with Fortnite is to manually launch it from the game folder.
- Open the Fortnite games installation folder on your computer: for example B. “B: \ Games \ Fortnite \ FortniteGame”
- Go to Fortnitegame >> Binaries >> Win64 (or Win32 if you are using 32-bit) >> EastAntiCheat
- Open the file named EasyAntiCheat_setup.exe by running the file as administrator.
- In the window that appears, select Fortnite from the dropdown and click Recover.
- Now check if error 20006 occurs when opening Fortnite.
Rename or delete the EasyAntiCheat.sys file
If you do not need to restore the EasyAntiCheat service, you can try renaming or deleting the EasyAntiCheat.sys file. This fix is harmless because the game will automatically re-download the required file with the latest updates when you open it.
Step 1. Open File Explorer and make sure the Hidden Items checkbox is checked on the View tab.
Step 2: Follow the path: C \ Windows \ System32.
Step 3: Find the EasyAntiCheat.sys file and rename it. You can change the name to EasyAntiChear.old.sys.
Step 4: Restart the game and see if error code 20006 is fixed.
Check game files
It is also possible that one or more of the game files in addition to the EasyAntiCheat service are corrupted, which could prevent the service from working properly at startup.
- Go to the Epic Games launcher.
- Access to your library
- Click the “…” icon next to the launch button.
- In the menu that appears, select Browse
- Wait for the process to complete, then restart your computer.
- Restart Fortnite and find the error
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.