RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Spotify is a multimedia player that offers music, video and podcast streaming services and is available for most modern operating systems such as Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android and others. Spotify offers access to more than 30 million songs and is one of the most popular media services with more than 50 million paid subscribers.
If you are trying to do a search with Spotify, and nothing happens when you type in the search field, then the solution can be very simple.
Many of us use Spotify in our daily lives. Since the Spotify application is also available for Windows, it is not uncommon for users to prefer the application to the web version, especially if they are using Windows. But, most users have problems with the application’s search function. With regard to the problem, users have content search problems. For most users, the search function does not work most of the time (sometimes yes). The main problem is that users did not receive the search results or received an error message. Users have received different messages, some users have seen an error “Oops Something went wrong” while others have seen the “Error”: “Please try again”. Message. Although a large number of users have complained about this problem in the Windows Spotify application, the problem is not limited to the Windows platform. However, the solutions described in this article only apply to the Spotify Desktop for Windows application.
Clearing the cache and running a clean installation
Spotify stores data in the cache so you can work faster and more efficiently in the future. Sometimes the data in the cache is corrupted and you will have problems using it.
Fortunately, Windows makes it easier to clear the cache so that the application can create a new record intact.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify application is the solution that has worked for the majority of users. Even if it’s a little boring, it solves the problem. So follow these steps to completely uninstall and reinstall the Spotify application.
- Make sure the Spotify application is closed.
- Hold down the Windows key and press R
- Enter appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Find the Spotify application in the list of installed programs and select it.
- Click on Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.
Changing Spotify properties
If you can’t run Spotify after upgrading or updating Windows 10, it may be the compatibility issue. You can do the following to start the application normally:
1. Right-click on the Spotify icon on the desktop or on the.exe file in the installation folder.
2. select the properties.
3. go to the Compatibility tab.
4. click on the Change Settings button for all users.
5. Clear the Run this program in compatibility mode check box for compatibility mode.
6. Select the Run this program as administrator check box.
7. click on the Apply button.
8. click on OK.
9. click again on the Apply button.
10. Click OK and close the Properties field.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance