RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
AdBlock Plus for Microsoft Edge has been updated to version 0.9.8 on the Windows store.
The update is done without a change log, but fixes a annoying problem where the application regularly reports that “Subscription Storage is Full”. Please unsubscribe and try again.”
AdBlock and AdBlock Plus are two of the most important extensions that many users use because stressful ads in web browsers are common.
Shortly after the extensions became available for the Microsoft Edge browser, the people behind AdBlock Plus released their own Microsoft Edge extension, which became by far the most popular extension for Microsoft Edge. Unfortunately, the AdBlock Plus extension for Microsoft Edge is far from perfect, as Microsoft forums and extension developers complain that users are affected by a problem that causes Microsoft Edge to constantly display the following AdBlock Plus extension error message:
“Subscription storage is full. Please remove some subscriptions and try again.”
You should only see our payment page if you install AdBlock. If you see it every time you open Microsoft Edge, or if the AdBlock options are reset by default every time you open Edge, it means that something is wrong. Something will reset AdBlock to the default state “just installed” each time you close Edge.
Uninstalling / Reinstalling AdBlock Plus
The only known method that can be used to solve this problem and regain your ability to use Microsoft Edge smoothly is to uninstall and reinstall the AdBlock Plus extension without activating any of the three additional options and create new filter lists. To do this, you must do it:
- Start Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Menu button (the button represented by three consecutive elements), then click on Extensions.
- Locate and click AdBlock Plus in the list of installed extensions to select it.
- Click on Uninstall, confirm the action and proceed to uninstall.
- Once the extension is uninstalled, click the Menu button and click Extensions > Get Store Extensions.
- Locate and find the AdBlock Plus extension in the shop and click Install to start the installation process.
- Review the installation process, and when asked if you want to enable or disable any of the three additional options, make sure you do not enable any of the three options and leave it disabled.
Run Disk Cleanup
- Type Clean Disk in the search bar, then click the shortcut to the application.
- Once you start Disk Cleanup, it starts scanning the files on your hard disk to determine what can be safely deleted.
- Once the disk space analysis is complete, you will see the main Disk Cleanup interface, which essentially lists the categories or locations that contain unnecessary files on your hard disk that can be deleted. Next to each category, you will see the size of the unnecessary files and a checkbox that you can use to specify that you want to delete them.
Remove Fanboy’s social blocking list
In case you don’t know, Adblock has a number of lists available that are responsible for blocking ads. Apparently, there can sometimes be problems with these lists, which can lead to a storage of the subscription is a complete message. However, you can easily solve the problem by removing Fanboys Social Blocking List. It’s very easy to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Click on the menu icon in the upper right corner. Select Extensions from the menu.
- Locate Adblock Plus and click on the gear icon next to it.
- Select Options.
- Find Fanboys Social Blocking List and click on the red X next to it.
After that, the problem should be solved. Note that deleting this list may not block some ads, which can be problematic. However, you can select a different list on the Adblock Plus website and use it instead.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance