RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
When you add a network printer, an error message may appear: “Windows cannot connect to the printer. The operation failed with error 0x00000006.” Users could not print on the network printer due to this error.
How to fix the Print Operation Failed Error 0x00000006:
- To solve this problem, open regedit & navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Providers.
- For security reasons, backup the main suppliers of client-side rendering printing.
- Then delete the Client Side Rendering Print Providers key.
- Close regedit.
- Restart the Print Winding Winder service.
Now try adding the printer again and you should not have any errors.
Uninstall the current printer driver.
This step is optional. Uninstall the network printer drivers to which you cannot connect if you have already installed it.
1. to do this, go to :
Windows 7 & Vista: Start > Control Panel.
Windows XP: Start > Settings > Control Panel
2. Double-click to open Devices and Printers.
3. Right-click on the network printer (problem) and select Delete device.
Install as a local printer
You can try to install the printer as a local printer and check later if you can print on the network. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start and select Devices and printers.
b. Click Add Printer > Add Local Printer > Add Local Printer.
c. Create a new port and make sure that Local Port is selected in the drop-down list and click Next.
d. Enter the path to the network printer under “Enter a Port Name” -\\Name of the computer\Name of the printer and click OK.
e. Try printing and see if it works.
The STOP 0x00000006 error can occur on any Microsoft Windows NT operating system. These include Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 and Windows NT.