RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
An error 0x80010108 may occur when opening applications, opening pictures, playing videos or music. It also appears when Windows is updated.
Error code 0x80010108 prevents users from installing or downloading applications from Windows memory. You cannot install an application for this unexpected error. It is accompanied by the following message: “Try again. Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80010108, if you need it”.
Error 0x80010108 can also be an error in the Windows Live photo gallery. This error prevents the user of the Windows PC from viewing the photos. The error code is often displayed in the following format:
‘An error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed’
Error code 0x80010108
The error 0x80010108 in Windows 10 is reported quite frequently by the Windows user. This is one of the most common errors in Windows, it appears when the user tries to install an application. So, without wasting time, let’s see how to fix this Windows update error using the troubleshooting guide below.
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
I suggest you run the Windows Update Troubleshooting and see if it helps you solve the problem.
- On the Search tab page, enter the Troubleshooting type and press Enter.
- Choose the system and security
- Click on the troubleshooter for Windows Update, then follow the instructions on the screen.
Restart the Windows update service
This error can be fixed by restarting the Windows Update Service and re-registering wups2.dll.
1. Press Windows + R, then type “services.msc” (without quotes) and press Enter.
2. find the following services:
Intelligent Background Transfer Service (BITS)
3. Right-click on each of them, then select Properties. Make sure that your start type is set to Automatic.
4. If any of the above services have now stopped, make sure you click Start under Service Status.
5. Then right-click on the Windows Update Service and select Restart.
Check the settings of your Windows Live Essential software.
To repair the Windows Live Essential software settings, go to the Start menu, then click on the control panel.
Now go to the Programs option in the Control Panel. In the programs, click on the Programs and Features tab, click on Windows Live Essentials, then click on the Repair tab. Once the settings are set, restart your PC to activate the changes.
- Press Windows Flag Key + X and Click on Control Panel.
- Navigate to Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts.
- Click on Change User Control Account Settings.
- Drag the bar up to set Always Notify.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.