RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
The error 0x80072eff indicates that the server could not be reached. This is either a communication error or a server connection problem.
If you receive the same error every time you try to update, try these steps.
Fix code error 80072eff by yourself :
Temporarily disable antivirus software
For testing, disable antivirus and check for updates.
Almost all antivirus programs can be temporarily disabled by following these steps.
- Locate the antivirus program icon in the Windows notification area.
- Once you have found the antivirus icon, right-click the icon and select Disable, Stop, Shut Down or similar. In some cases, you may need to open the program and disable it from the program menus.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
It is a convenience store integrated in Windows. It ensures that your computer is connected to the Internet and checks that your network adapter and Windows Update services are working properly.
That’s how it works:
- Select the operating system that presents the problem. The troubleshooter supports Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Windows 10 users are prompted to download and run Windows Update Troubleshooter. The other versions also have their own convenience stores.
- The wizard may ask you to download additional files if the problem has not been solved in a previous step. For example, you may be prompted to download the latest maintenance stack update (SSU), download the latest knowledge base update file, or repair Windows file corruption.
Perform a complete antivirus scan
Another problem may be viral activity and you need to perform a full scan, and I will recommend that you perform an antivirus scan online. I recommend that you perform an online virus scan to eliminate any infection.
Make sure the following services are running.
– Updating Windows
– Automatic service
– Intelligent transfer service in the background
– Cryptographic Services
Check this information in the Service Management tool.
- Enter services.msc in the start search field. The service management tool opens.
- Seek the services listed above.
- Double-click the service.
- Check the type of departure. Make sure it is not disabled.
- If it is disabled, start the service.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Close the window.
Using SFC scanning
To quickly and safely resolve the 80072eff code problem, you can use the sfc utility to perform a full system scan.
To do this, click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator. When prompted to enter an administrator password or confirmation, enter the password or click Allow.
CCNA, Web Developer, PC Troubleshooter
I am a computer enthusiast and a practicing IT Professional. I have years of experience behind me in computer programming, hardware troubleshooting and repair. I specialise in Web Development and Database Design. I also have a CCNA certification for Network Design and Troubleshooting.