RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Some users become empty, blank and do not have text dialog boxes on a Windows 10 computer. Generally, a dialog box is designed to facilitate decision-making on your computer system. It appears as a pop-up window, either to request your approval/rejection of a task, or simply to present you with options for performing a task (or tasks).
Sometimes, a dialog box appears empty, without options or information, simply empty.
To resolve the empty Windows 10 dialog boxes, do the following:
Perform an SFC scan on your computer.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Open a highlighted prompt. To do this, proceed as follows:
- If you are using Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8, run the DISM (Inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management) tool before running System File Checker. (If you are using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, proceed to step 3.)
Type the following command, then press Enter. It may take several minutes for the command operation to end.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup – Image /Health restoration
Important : When you execute this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the necessary files to troubleshoot errors. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as a repair source or a Windows folder side by side from a network share or removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source for the files. To do this, execute the following command instead:
DISM.exe /Online /Clean the image /Restoring health /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
Note: Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows wildcard character with the location of your repair source. For more information on using the DISM tool to repair Windows, see Repairing a Windows Image.
At the command prompt, type the following command, then press ENTER :
Create a new user account
Create a new user account and check if you have the same problem.
1. tap on the Windows icon.
2. select Settings.
3. Tap on Accounts.
4. select Family and other users.
5. Tap on “Add another person to this PC”.
6. select “I have no references for this person”.
7. select “Add a user without a Microsoft account”.
8. Enter a username, enter the account password twice, enter a hint and select Next.
9. Press the Windows icon. 9.
10. select the user icon in the upper left corner of the Start menu.
11. select the new user. You then log into your account with your password from step 8.
Updating or resetting the video driver
Use Windows Update to check if an update applies to your video drivers. If necessary, you can install them manually at any time from the OEM’s website. However, if you have recently updated your video driver, you may want to reset the old one. Open Device Manager > Select the video driver > Search for the Cancel button. This option is only enabled if it is an ongoing update.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance