RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
One of the new features of Windows 10/8 is the download of Windows Store applications. You often experience problems where downloading Windows Store applications is blocked halfway or when you try to install or update it on your Windows 10/8.1 PC; it does not work.
Today I found a way to reset the cache for the Windows store. What it does is reset the Windows store without changing account settings or removing installed applications.
Clear Windows Store Cache with WSReset.exe
The procedure is very simple. Run CMD as administrator, enter WSReset.exe and press Enter.
Alternatively, enter wsreset.exe in the start search. Right-click the displayed result and select Run as administrator.
A command prompt window opens, opening the Windows store and displaying a confirmation message:
The store cache has been cleared. You can now search for applications
This will take you back to the Windows store. Now try to install or update applications or download new applications and see if they work as expected.
If you get an error-
Windows cannot find’ms-windows-store:PurgeCaches’. Make sure you entered the name correctly, then try again,
You must re-register the Windows Store application by running the following command in a high command prompt window:
0x8024600epowerhell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRootWinStoreAppxManifest.xml
By passing : With our freeware FixWin 10 for Windows 10 you can reset the Windows Store Cache with just one click.
UPDATE: Windows 10 v1607 and later versions now allow you to reset Windows Store applications in Windows 10 via Settings.
Related topics :
- Applications cannot be installed from the Windows Store
- Error when purchasing a Windows Store license
- Error 0x80073cf9 When installing applications from the Windows Store In Windows 10/8
- Error code 0x8024600e When installing or updating Windows Store Apps applications
- Windows Store applications cannot be updated under Windows 8
- Crashes & Freezes
- Fix : Windows Store applications crash in Windows by running Clean Uninstall with PowerShell
- Windows 8 Apps Troubleshoot
- Repair Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store Apps
- Windows Store Store Store
- Windows Store Store does not open.