We have all used Skype at work to exchange files, share information or make video calls, but have you considered using Skype for customer support? I was reminded a few days ago that I used Skype to help a friend solve problems. And let me assure you that after reading this article, you will wonder that this best support tool has always been before your eyes. A friend and blogger just started WordPress and had some problems downloading a message. Well, normally screen sharing is the best and fastest way to solve such problems, provided the person in communication is using Skype and is aware of its features. In this particular situation, I managed to convince my friend to use Skype to support this conversation.
Support via SkypeOnly admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode
I made a video call and she told me about the problems she was having, in a minute I recognized the problem and asked her to exchange the URL and account information.
Here are the highlights of our discussion :
- Shared screens using Skype screen sharing option
- Exchange of WordPress account login information
- Notes on adding tags
- Navigation windows to show how to include a YouTube video in a blog message
- More formatting information by performing the above tasks on screen
- Shared URLs for more WordPress tips and tricks,
Towards the end of the conversation, I suggested to my friend that she use Skype as a communication tool for her customer/professional interactions and blog support activities.
Another very important feature of Skype on Mac and Windows systems is that all information you have exchanged or received via Skype chat is saved for future use. So, if you need to check something from a previous discussion, just use the search field (Ctrl + F) and the information will be extracted from the record. Believe me, this simple tool saved me many times when I forgot passwords, URLs or other important information that was given to me, and forgot to write it down.
Why Skype should not be neglected
Skype has grown so much over the last ten years, and now that we have so many different communication tools and applications, it is very likely that Skype will be neglected. But let’s not forget that Skype will always be the main tool offering multiple communication modes, especially perfect for professional/supportive use like chat/voice/video, as well as real-time screen sharing, sharing of any type of files and calls to fixed or mobile lines anywhere in the world.
Why is Skype ideal for support?
Integrating Skype as an additional tool for sales and customer support in the enterprise can increase a company’s productivity in the following ways
- Sales calls can be saved as backups
- The support function can be much more effective
- Text information can be corrected by spell checking
- Problems are quickly detected, with quick suggestions through screen sharing, saving time and effort.
- The exchange of information via Skype is very secure compared to the traditional e-mail service.
Do you use Skype for customer support? Share your experiences with us.Only admnistrator owned posts can execute the include me shortcode