RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix Windows errors and optimize system performance
Copy Protection Error 0x80030309 is a very common error you get when you try to copy content from a copyrighted DVD. This is because of a method called Content Scramble System (CSS), which is used to encrypt DVDs to prevent their content from being copied.
Error 0x80030309 The code for Windows can be very large and each number will be a different problem. In order to use these “codes” to correct the wrong thing, a thorough investigation is necessary.
Copying protected DVDs is really a big problem. This is because companies making DVD movies make their DVD so that if you ever want to copy it, your DVD ROM gets into a certain area of the DVD that it cannot read and therefore gives a DVD playback error.
Most copy-protected DVDs use a copy protection algorithm called Content Scramble System (CSS), Region Code Enhanced (RCE), User Operation Prohibition (UOP), Sony ARccOS DVD Protection, Analog Protection System, etc. that prevents playback of DVD movies in a region before a movie is released to the cinema.
How to correct error code 0x80030309 Copy protection error?
Fixing error 0x80030309 manually is a difficult process and it is not recommended unless you are an expert in this field.
Advanced Computer User Solution (manual update):
1) Start your computer and log in as administrator.
2) Click the Start button, select All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Restore.
3) In the new window, select “Restore computer to previous date” and click Next.
4) Select the last system restore point from the “In this list, click a restore point” list, then click Next.
5) Click Next in the confirmation window.
6) Restarts the computer when recovery is complete.
Use the best DVD ripper
You can have a try on the VCR DVD to get movies from the DVD, but not satisfied with their poor quality. Some DVD ripping programs have advanced technology that allows copy-protected DVDs to be ripped with minimal loss of quality.
RECOMMENDED: Click here to troubleshoot Windows errors and optimize system performance